Group buy:Baxley Sport Chocks-any interest? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Group buy:Baxley Sport Chocks-any interest?

I am wondering if there would be any interest in a group buy for the Baxley Sport Chocks.

http://www.baxleycompanies.com/Sportchock.html

They come in 5 colors for $240 or black for $230 plus shipping and handling.

Now, if we order 12 chocks, they will give us free shipping.

Also, we will get an additional 10% off if a person with a racing license does the ordering for us.

And, we can get an additional 10% off if the person doing the ordering has a CMA membership.

(if this same person was a vet, we would get another discount as well)

So, this person who does the ordering (I have one of our members in mind) would have to order the 12 stands and have them shipped to thier business address to make this work.

However, we would end up getting these stands for around $192 (maybe less) instead of the $240 plus shipping and handling.

What I would do is have all the money given to the person who would do the ordering before they ordered. It would be too expensive for them to float the price until everyone paid.

So, is there any interest? Comments?

Redline Superbike Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 03:23 PM

I'm interested in black...plus the person you are talking about is also a vet (not of the vetrinarian variety...)

Redline Superbike Member

Faye
CSBR / Fasttrax #121
CMA
CSBA

Last edited by fastlane; 03-21-2008 at 03:25 PM.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Also a vet?
That is great news, as that would be worth another 10% off the price, but I believe they require the vet to be either active or retired.

However, maybe that can count too?

For me, I am thinking about a nice blue stand for my Hayabusa.

Where you thinking Black Crinkle or Black Chrome?

I am hoping that we can get enough people to do this soon, otherwise, maybe it will just be the 2 of us?

Redline Superbike Member

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 07:31 AM

I would be interested in a black one as well, and possibly two, if I get my enclosed trailer soon.

Please keep me posted.

Jon

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."

"Hold my beer, watch this"

Redline Superbike Member
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Well, lots of people are looking!
Now we just need 9 more people to commit and send in the money!

The sooner, the better!

Redline Superbike Member
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 07:10 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to yamagirl
If you are going to spend the money on wheel chocks (even though you are getting a discount), buy the Condor. You can take them out of the trailer and use them at the track in one easy snap (dual purpose) .

http://www.condor-lift.com/product.asp?ItemID=1001

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamagirl View Post
If you are going to spend the money on wheel chocks (even though you are getting a discount), buy the Condor. You can take them out of the trailer and use them at the track in one easy snap (dual purpose) .

http://www.condor-lift.com/product.asp?ItemID=1001
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ge...top/index.html

MC Tested: Baxley Sport Chock vs. Condor Pit-Stop
You really can't go wrong with either

Let's hear it for life's special moments. Such as coming into the pits on a scorching-hot track day andhaving your paddock stand just out of reach of your sweating, trembling fingers. Or, better yet,watching your bike topple off the stand in slow-mo, because you fumbled the lift.

There is a better way, of course. With a chock, you can simply ride into it and nail the dismount for aunanimous 10.0 from the judges. Both the Baxley Trailer Co. and Condor offer such devices, Baxley'snamed the Sport Chock and Condor's the Pit-Stop. Although the duo perform the same basic function ofholding a motorcycle upright, physically they're world's apart.

Baxley's non-adjustable Sport Chock, for instance, is made of welded steel tubes and plates and comes inblack crinkle, black chrome, and blue, green, red or yellow powder-coat finishes. Condor's Pit-Stop isconstructed of aluminum extrusions and can be adjusted to fit front or rear wheels from 14 to 22 inchesin diameter and tires 80 to 230mm wide. The Baxley has a slightly smaller footprint and a locking tab toabsolutely prevent a bike from rolling backward, while the Condor can fold flat for storage and hasslightly nicer build quality.

There are key similarities, apart from pure function. Both can be used on trailers or in pickup beds(Condor even offers a kit for those purposes), both weigh a claimed 21 pounds, and they cost almost thesame: $215 for the Sport Chock in black crinkle, $225 for other colors/finishes; $235 for the Pit-Stop.To put it into perspective, the difference between them is roughly the cost of one knee slider.

One caveat, though. As one editor found out, it's nearly impossible to extract single-handed arelatively heavy motorcycle from a chock that's unsecured to a slightly slippery surface, such as apolished-concrete garage floor.

Still, if someone held a gun to the metaphorical editorial head, we'd probably squeak out, "ThePit-Stop," simply because its adjustability makes it more versatile. But if you've only got one bike anddon't need the Condor's extra features, the Baxley Sport Chock makes more sense. You really can't gowrong with either.

You will, however, be able to avoid some of life's more special moments.

BAXLEY SPORT CHOCK CONDOR PIT-STOP

PRICE
Sport Chock MSRP: $215/$225
Pit-Stop MSRP: $235

Redline Superbike Member

Faye
CSBR / Fasttrax #121
CMA
CSBA
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 10:13 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to yamagirl
one word: adjustability

Trust me......you want the ability to adjust or else you could run the risk of your tire not being seated properly or securly or having it bash into your lower cowl. I had to adjust the chock going from my gsxr to my R6 due to different ergonomics. The Condor is worth it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

I prefer the Baxley over the Condor.
Oh well.

The Busa fits in the Baxley nicely and simply. No muss, no fuss.
And it is nicer looking IMHO. The blue matches my eyes!

Redline Superbike Member
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 11:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to LuckyStrike Send a message via Yahoo to LuckyStrike
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterbusa View Post
I prefer the Baxley over the Condor.
Oh well.

The Busa fits in the Baxley nicely and simply. No muss, no fuss.
And it is nicer looking IMHO. The blue matches my eyes!
You're senile

Condor

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death!

Video Games do not kill people, people kill people. Me,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode