She Lives!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 04:57 AM Thread Starter

She Lives!!!

While I'll admit I'm hoping to pull the sled out for one last trip next weekend, I fired up the Duc yesterday and took her for a little spin! The whole rest of the night I was wound up like a little kid on christmas eve! lol MAN I forgot how sexy that thing sounds...

Did anybody else give in to temptation?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"dude you're like Sprite now, lemon & lime!" - a drunk dial from DieselZX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 02:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkGURU View Post
While I'll admit I'm hoping to pull the sled out for one last trip next weekend, I fired up the Duc yesterday and took her for a little spin! The whole rest of the night I was wound up like a little kid on christmas eve! lol MAN I forgot how sexy that thing sounds...

Did anybody else give in to temptation?

lol, last saturday i brougth my bike from indide my condo and put her back in the garage. and yup, i HAD to start her up. dayum did she sound sexy but no ride, well, if you count going around my condo unit real quick. i was supposed to go on a ride tomorrow to L7 or STG. but the snow falling now will prevent me from doing so

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 02:26 PM

Went out Thursday last week when it was in the low 50s - it was fun, but I also felt like a retarded monkey on the bike. It just felt really weird to be back on it and it probably had a lot to do with the brand new front tire and badly worn rear. Oh well, the bike will be in the garage for a few weeks getting some TLC while we wait for the weather to finally turn around.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 03:31 PM

Send a message via MSN to marc_padin Send a message via Yahoo to marc_padin
Last Thursday I went around the block a few times... Friday I went out again... a Little farther... and Yesterday I really froze my a$$ but I had to go out again....
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

ya know that was the really nice part, it felt natural. i was wondering if i was gonna be used to sleds or what, but nope she leaned right over (road & tires were still pretty cold, so not [I] too [I] far though)

"dude you're like Sprite now, lemon & lime!" - a drunk dial from DieselZX
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 05:25 PM

Send a message via MSN to marc_padin Send a message via Yahoo to marc_padin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkGURU View Post
ya know that was the really nice part, it felt natural. i was wondering if i was gonna be used to sleds or what, but nope she leaned right over (road & tires were still pretty cold, so not [I] too [I] far though)

I know the feeling... I turned in the roundabout at Vandyke and 18 mile... a quick right left switchback and then power out.... AAAAAHHHHHH it felt right! Of course it was a very slow speed and not too fast... the road and tires were cold (and so were my hands, knees, inner thighs, etc)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 08:37 AM

I went out for about an hour last Friday. Then I rode to work this past Thursday. 29* was a bit chilly for the 50 minute commute but my new Oxford hand warmers worked like a champ.
Unless I get the full heated gloves, I think I will limit myself to riding when it's at least above freezing.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 12:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to hellsnat Send a message via Yahoo to hellsnat
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2E1gixxer View Post
I went out for about an hour last Friday. Then I rode to work this past Thursday. 29* was a bit chilly for the 50 minute commute but my new Oxford hand warmers worked like a champ.
Unless I get the full heated gloves, I think I will limit myself to riding when it's at least above freezing.
And who are you again?

"If ignorance is bliss, why arn't there more happy people?"

Moderator of

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 01:14 PM

I was coming home from the gun range & felt sorry for a few chaps riding their Cruisers to HD bikes (have not seen anyone riding a sportbike) for they were up against a lot of wind & rain was really pounding on them. A bit cooler & it would be snow.

Unfortunately some riders are more accustom to Spring weather when driving a cage & think they can do the same on a m/c & the answer is NO.

Fortunately we, as h/gunners were shooting INDOORS while the Trap shooters were outside fighting the weather of wind & snow with most of their clays being missed while shot, primers, wads & powder was being wasted so they called it after 30 minutes.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

Last edited by Smitty; 03-23-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode