Jane / Jon ...anyone? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Question Jane / Jon ...anyone?

Being in the EMT (or similar) field, would you know of a local place to get a good blood pressure kit? I'm looking for an all inclusive thing... multicuff system (infant, child, adult, large adult), preferably latex free, including stethoscope and cute carrying bag.

What brand do you recommend? What is your favorite and which is most user friendly? I tried a friend's out today but I could barely hear anything out of the stethescope. I'm kind of just shopping around right now....

Thanks for any info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 02:50 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to yamagirl
I usually buy things from here http://www.galls.com/gaweb.dll

Make sure you buy a stethescope where the two ear tubes go into one tube at the top. The divided tubes make it harder to hear.

I use the DynaMed Cuff with the ADC gauge http://www.galls.com/style.html?asso...og&style=DD002 It isn't the cheapest but it is worth the money. I like this cuff since it has a trigger style release. Also, if you are having a hard time hearing the pulse through the stethescope the needle on this gauge will start to slightly vibrate when you reach the systolic and then stops vibrating at the diastolic. It is just nice when you are in the back of the ambulance and can't hear a thing.

Feel free to ask anymore questions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by yamagirl; 03-12-2008 at 02:54 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 05:30 AM Thread Starter

You know.....now that I'm thinking about it, that stetho did have 2 tubes. I will definitely avoid that. I also like that trigger instead of the regular valve release. Thanks Jane!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 07:06 AM

You can always go to Binson's there on Woodward, west side, 1/2 mile south of 13 mile.

You can go there and ask questions and they will help you with some thoughts. THey are a medical supply place for the public.

Or there is Detroit Oxygen Supply, south of 696 (on the service drive) somewhere around Van Dyke or Mound. They do the same thing as Binson's.

Redline Superbike Member
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterbusa View Post
You can always go to Binson's there on Woodward, west side, 1/2 mile south of 13 mile.

You can go there and ask questions and they will help you with some thoughts. THey are a medical supply place for the public.

Or there is Detroit Oxygen Supply, south of 696 (on the service drive) somewhere around Van Dyke or Mound. They do the same thing as Binson's.
I think there's a binsons near her work too.

Redline Superbike Member

AKA Duneripper :)
Ladies Love Cool D.

"I would have been your daddy, But that dog beat me over the fence."
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 636Jen View Post
You know.....now that I'm thinking about it, that stetho did have 2 tubes. I will definitely avoid that. I also like that trigger instead of the regular valve release. Thanks Jane!

Ditto on what Jane said about the Steth tubes. The older style bleeder valves are way better than the "trigger" type. You can get a good set from any medical supply store, but galls is a good option as well.

Jon

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."

"Hold my beer, watch this"

Redline Superbike Member
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 09:39 AM

Jen a "good" paramedic would do their best to steal, I mean, borrow, any necessary equipment from a hospital.

Just so you know.

Redline Superbike Member
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 09:44 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to yamagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgreen View Post
Ditto on what Jane said about the Steth tubes. The older style bleeder valves are way better than the "trigger" type. You can get a good set from any medical supply store, but galls is a good option as well.

Jon
I like the trigger one b/c it releases at an even pace. Sometimes when you release the bleeder valve it is turned to far and before you know it, it deflates and you don't get a reading because it released so fast. So then you have to pump it back up to get another one. The trigger releases at the same steady pace every time. That's why I prefer it. There is no difference in the bp reading when I compared them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by yamagirl; 03-14-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode