Loving Detroit, Leaving Detroit - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Moderator
 
DocThee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Madison Heights, MI 48071
Posts: 4,824
Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Loving Detroit, Leaving Detroit

He has many good points, and I feel his point of view is shared by many.

http://think.mtv.com/044FDFFFF00989EBD00170098D440/

What is Detroit going to do? I strongly feel that it will take decades to turn this city around.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
DocThee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Registered User
 
yamagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Armada, MI
Posts: 1,459
Send a message via Yahoo to yamagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocThee View Post

What is Detroit going to do? I strongly feel that it will take decades to turn this city around.
don't forget it has already taken decades and attempts by numerous mayors to turn the city around and it still hasn't gone anywhere.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yamagirl is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Registered User
 
Jgreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Wayne, MI
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamagirl View Post
don't forget it has already taken decades and attempts by numerous mayors to turn the city around and it still hasn't gone anywhere.

They had one that had the city on the right track, but they ran him out of there. I don't blame the guy for not running again. So many of the City Officials were crroked at that time, and Archer was taking away their bread and butter jobs, and making them work.

Kwame reminds me of a young Coleman A. Young. The Detroiters like that kind of leadership, I guess.

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."

"Hold my beer, watch this"


Redline Superbike Member
Jgreen is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 02:13 AM
Registered User
 
almightys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Warren, Michigan 48093
Posts: 2,622
Send a message via Yahoo to almightys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgreen View Post
They had one that had the city on the right track, but they ran him out of there. I don't blame the guy for not running again. So many of the City Officials were crroked at that time, and Archer was taking away their bread and butter jobs, and making them work.

Kwame reminds me of a young Coleman A. Young. The Detroiters like that kind of leadership, I guess.
Rumor has it that Archer will run for Governor. Its too bad he was run out of Detroit. My guess is that things would be alot better there right now


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
almightys is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Registered User
 
Duner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Almont mi usa 48003
Posts: 3,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocThee View Post
He has many good points, and I feel his point of view is shared by many.

http://think.mtv.com/044FDFFFF00989EBD00170098D440/

What is Detroit going to do? I strongly feel that it will take decades to turn this city around.
It'll never happen.
One big friggin Flint pretty soon....shaped like a mitten.

The big money will run north to the U.P.

Redline Superbike Member


AKA Duneripper :)
Ladies Love Cool D.

"I would have been your daddy, But that dog beat me over the fence."
Duner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome