Info from California Superbike School - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Bluto Send a message via Yahoo to Bluto
Info from California Superbike School

I talked to a guy over there this week and he mentioned a few things to me...

- No need to buy rearsets, he's had countless stock busa's out there without any problems with the stock pegs. I have TLR pegs on mine...even better.

- No need to safety wire the bike.

- No need to change the coolant out to water. They've been doing this for years and years and they've only had 1 incedent where there was a coolant spill on the track.

Thought that would help us when we go in May.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Detroit, MI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- CKinky69 on AIM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 06:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
I'm bummed that I can't make it...have fun you guys!!

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 06:54 AM

Yep, a lot of that info is on their site too. If you have any other questions, let me know. I took the school at Mid-Ohio last year, so I know the routine.

Also Chuck, look for an email from me tonight to figure out dates and hotel accommodations.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 07:11 AM

Do you have to change out the coolant for a track day with STT?

It would be nice to not have to change it out, other than the usual spring change.

Redline Superbike Member
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 07:34 AM

Nope. Not in novice anyway.

Bike Preparation (Also know as "101 uses for duct tape")
1) All bikes MUST pass technical inspection prior to admittance to the track. If your bike DOES NOT pass tech inspection, you will NOT receive a refund.
2) Tires and brakes must be in good condition. Tires should be at least 75% of new condition. Any tires that are bluing from excessive wear will be disallowed. Slicks are allowed in 85% plus condition. We will have on site tire service at each track day, so if your tires don't pass, you will have the opportunity to put on replacement tires to pass tech.
3) All glass, headlight, turn signals, and plastic lenses must be taped over or removed. Side mirrors must be removed for the advanced group and at least taped over for all other groups.
4) We recommend, but do not require removal of center stands. No bikes with center stands will be allowed in the Advanced/Racer Group due to the ground clearance issue.
5) All machines must have an operational handlebar mounted kill switch/button and self-closing throttle in good working condition.
6) Advanced and Intermediate group riders MUST use water or water wetter or a non-ethyl glycol based anti-freeze/coolant. Approved Poly Glycol brands are:
Evans, 7th Gear, Liquid Performance, and Engine Ice. NO AUTOMOTIVE ETHYL GLYCOL BASED COOLANTS ARE ALLOWED. 7) All valve stems must have caps.
8) Wheel balance weights must be well-secured.
9) License plates must have bolts taped or be removed.
10)
Added for 2008 season:Advanced riders are required to safety wire drain plugs, oil filter and oil caps.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode