Uhh radationr Start! GO! Activate!... yeah its not working - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to xboxdynasty
Uhh radationr Start! GO! Activate!... yeah its not working

That didn't work so...

Here's the deal. I changed my oil, sparks, filter, and sprayed the carbs with some cleaner. To do this I had to take the tank and air box off. When I was changing the filter one of the lines was in the way. The clamp was right there and I thought hey I'll just disconnect it! My dumb ass didn't realize that it was a radiator line and a lot of fluid spilled out. So I filled up the reservoir and the radiator at the cap. Still not kicking on even with the temp gets up to halfway on the gauge. I read the manual and it said to loosen the air bleed bolt which I did. It said that fluid would come out until the air was gone. But nothing happened. Nothing came out until I turned the bike on when it was loose and of course it spat out. Should I let the bike run with that bolt loosened, the manual didn't say to do it with the bike on.

So what do I need to try next?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 03:57 PM

Re: Uhh radationr Start! GO! Activate!... yeah its not working

Quote:
Originally posted by xboxdynasty
That didn't work so...

Here's the deal. I changed my oil, sparks, filter, and sprayed the carbs with some cleaner. To do this I had to take the tank and air box off. When I was changing the filter one of the lines was in the way. The clamp was right there and I thought hey I'll just disconnect it! My dumb ass didn't realize that it was a radiator line and a lot of fluid spilled out. So I filled up the reservoir and the radiator at the cap. Still not kicking on even with the temp gets up to halfway on the gauge. I read the manual and it said to loosen the air bleed bolt which I did. It said that fluid would come out until the air was gone. But nothing happened. Nothing came out until I turned the bike on when it was loose and of course it spat out. Should I let the bike run with that bolt loosened, the manual didn't say to do it with the bike on.

So what do I need to try next?
Yea the bike needs to be running to circulate the air out...when filling the bike can be off if the air bleed is lower than the radiator fill.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to xboxdynasty
Yeah thanks I got it working... the fan fuse looked a little screwy, not blown but the contacts were out of align, so I put a new one in. Bled it more and its working.

Hope to see you guys on Thursday haven't been off work before 7 yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode