Need a bike mechanic...any suggestions? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
OPP
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,855
Question Need a bike mechanic...any suggestions?

I'm looking to pay someone to do it right....this ain't charity work.

After buying and installing the top, triple clamp risers, I'm just not sure what to do (correctly) to loosen the front fork bolts, re-align and safely tighten them. The front only needs to be lowered 1".

Any suggestions??? If you can help, just call me on my cell.

Thanks,

-David
586-531-3515

BTW, this is for the Hayabusa....not one of the mopeds..
OPP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 04:14 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,071
Stay away from any mech's from Macomb cycle.

I'll leave it at that.
hellsnat is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 04:19 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 732
mounting and balancing a tire right is a hit or mis thing at K&W as well


mb.
motoboy is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Yaz
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 394
Hey now... our techs are good.. hes just a busy ass guy...

thats all..

they are great techs.....
Yaz is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 04:42 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,071
yeah, great if you don't want it done right the first time.

I had to get my shit re done in NC.

Your Mechs are shit. No personal attack there Yaz, but it really sux when you waist money paying for a job that isn't even done correctly.

Thank god for Wheeler's near Deals Gap to get the job done right the first time.

And at half the price.
hellsnat is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 02:16 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 679
Re: Need a bike mechanic...any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally posted by OPP
I'm looking to pay someone to do it right....this ain't charity work.

After buying and installing the top, triple clamp risers, I'm just not sure what to do (correctly) to loosen the front fork bolts, re-align and safely tighten them. The front only needs to be lowered 1".

Any suggestions??? If you can help, just call me on my cell.

Thanks,

-David
586-531-3515

BTW, this is for the Hayabusa....not one of the mopeds..
there is nothing to re-align, just measure the amount of fork tube coming out the top. only thing you may want to do is put a jack under the motor, cause when you loosen the fork tubes the front will slam down all the way and it is hard to raise them back up.

Sometimes I lower 1 at a time, just loosen one up enough that you can push down on the front end and the tube raises some. then tighten and repeat for the other side, just be careful cause the second side will try to go lower.
Lonnie Angel is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Registered User
 
Duner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Almont mi usa 48003
Posts: 3,288
Quote:
Originally posted by motoboy
mounting and balancing a tire right is a hit or mis thing at K&W as well


mb.
Right by my work!
Thanks for the heads up.

Redline Superbike Member


AKA Duneripper :)
Ladies Love Cool D.

"I would have been your daddy, But that dog beat me over the fence."
Duner is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Registered User
 
Duner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Almont mi usa 48003
Posts: 3,288
Re: Re: Need a bike mechanic...any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonnie Angel
there is nothing to re-align, just measure the amount of fork tube coming out the top. only thing you may want to do is put a jack under the motor, cause when you loosen the fork tubes the front will slam down all the way and it is hard to raise them back up.

Sometimes I lower 1 at a time, just loosen one up enough that you can push down on the front end and the tube raises some. then tighten and repeat for the other side, just be careful cause the second side will try to go lower.
X2 done this before.
Pretty simple...ditto on the jack.
If the bike tracks good no-handed during minor road bumps, your good to go.

Redline Superbike Member


AKA Duneripper :)
Ladies Love Cool D.

"I would have been your daddy, But that dog beat me over the fence."
Duner is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 03:16 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,740
sorry it didn't work out yesterday, but i was stuck in my garage taking the forks & shock out of my dirt bike... i'll give you a call to figure out what time tonight
jjkGURU is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 03:45 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,622
Quote:
Originally posted by motoboy
mounting and balancing a tire right is a hit or mis thing at K&W as well


mb.
Chuck or I do a great job of mounting and balancing a tire just give a call
almightys is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome