Hooters ride - Sunday May 20th - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

Hooters ride - Sunday May 20th

This is a Detroit Sport Bikes even that I'm gonna try and make, rode with a few of these guys last year.

It's time again to head to Hooters! This has always been our biggest ride and this year will be no exception! The ride starts at Hooters of Roseville and ends at the Hooters in Flint. It's a back road ride that takes around an hour to complete. The meeting time is 12opm on Sunday May 20th at the Hooters on 14 mile and Gratiot in Roseville. The Flint Hooters has been gracious enough to let us unwind and enjoys some great food and service after the ride. Last year it was HOT so bring a kickstand plate to keep your bike from sinking in the parking lot. We hope to see you there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

They told me to follow my dreams...Too bad they were all NiGhTmArEs!

AIM - poorboy721
Yahoo - e_donahue2001

Last edited by Headlight; 05-16-2007 at 03:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 03:48 AM

Since you're friends with them, have you talked to them about doing stuff together or have you just decided to post their rides?

I'll be in Florida so it'll have to be next time. Since there's no rides set up for us yet that I know of, I guess I'll have to look at that when I get back.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 04:55 AM

Re: Hooters ride - Sunday May 20th

Quote:
Originally posted by Headlight
This is a Detroit Sport Bikes even that I'm gonna try and make, rode with a few of these guys last year.

It's time again to head to Hooters! This has always been our biggest ride and this year will be no exception! The ride starts at Hooters of Roseville and ends at the Hooters in Flint. It's a back road ride that takes around an hour to complete. The meeting time is 12opm on Sunday May 20th at the Hooters on 14 mile and Gratiot in Roseville. The Flint Hooters has been gracious enough to let us unwind and enjoys some great food and service after the ride. Last year it was HOT so bring a kickstand plate to keep your bike from sinking in the parking lot. We hope to see you there!
Let me know if you want to meet up at 12 and Orchard to ride to Roseville?

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 05:32 AM

Count me in
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluto
Since you're friends with them, have you talked to them about doing stuff together or have you just decided to post their rides?

I'll be in Florida so it'll have to be next time. Since there's no rides set up for us yet that I know of, I guess I'll have to look at that when I get back.
No I have not discussed any joint ventures with them as of yet since the last time I attempted to discuss doing joint ventures with this club at both an officers and membership meeting I got blown off. However it is my understanding that a couple of them showed up for the mothers day eve ride.

As far as rides setup for us goes, why don't you plan one? Oh wait that's right you planned one meeting this year so your done aren't you? Worry about your role, not mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

AIM - poorboy721
Yahoo - e_donahue2001

Last edited by Headlight; 05-16-2007 at 06:56 AM.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Headlight
No I have not discussed any joint ventures with them as of yet since the last time I attempted to discuss doing joint ventures with this club at both an officers and membership meeting I got blown off. However it is my understanding that a couple of them showed up for the mothers day eve ride.

As far as rides setup for us goes, why don't you plan one? Oh wait that's right you planned one meeting this year so your done aren't you? Worry about your role, not mine.
I don't remember any blowing off as you talk about. We talked about not having a problem setting up something with another club...we've never had a problem with it. Matter of fact we wanted to talk to them about going in on a booth together at the next cycle world show. I figured you would be the one to do that. You've been sportiní their shirt since they gave one to you so I figure you had the relationship with them.

I told you, when I get back from vaca I'll plan some rides. There's been 2 meetings and 1 tire seminar thus far. I don't have the option to not worry about your role since I'm ultimately responsible for the job you and everyone else does for the membership. I know you must understand that so your comment is irritating.

So I'll make you a deal, you set up a group ride for the end of May and I'll set up a meeting for early June. Agreed?

Last edited by Bluto; 05-16-2007 at 08:28 AM.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluto
I don't have the option to not worry about your role since I'm ultimately responsible for the job you and everyone else does for the membership. I know you must understand that so your comment is irritating.

So I'll make you a deal, you set up a group ride for the end of May and I'll set up a meeting for early April. Agreed?
You have to be around and accessible to be affected. I'm glad my comment is irritating maybe it'll spark something.

AIM - poorboy721
Yahoo - e_donahue2001
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 08:00 AM

hey fellas.....how bout those Tigers eh?
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by RSWarrior
hey fellas.....how bout those Tigers eh?
I have no idea, but the Wings looked smokin hot last night.

AIM - poorboy721
Yahoo - e_donahue2001
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 08:12 AM

Well I'll be sure to quit my job to improve your opinion of my accessibility even though I disagree with you...but you still haven't said if you agree to my proposal for action. Group ride for a meeting? In other words, you set stuff up for me to be around at and in turn I'll be around more. (as long as I'm not traveling for work which was substantial this spring) And you promise to be around for stuff like the tire seminar...I'll even pay for your gas if need be. Can't pass up an offer like that with gas at over 3 bucks a gallon. Deal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode