Cities with the Rudest Drivers??? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Cities with the Rudest Drivers???

Well, if Detroit is 13, I seriously would hate to see what the top 12 is like. I think Detroit drivers and people are so rude....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070515/...e_us/road_rage

Miami holds top spot on rude driver list By SARAH LARIMER, Associated Press Writer
Tue May 15, 9:07 AM ET

For the second straight year, rude Miami drivers have earned the city the title of worst road rage in a survey released Tuesday.

Miami motorists said they saw other drivers slam on their brakes, run red lights and talk on cell phones, according to AutoVantage, a Connecticut-based automobile membership club offering travel services and roadside assistance.

Other cities near the top of the rude drivers list were New York, Boston, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C.

South Miami resident Erik Pinto told The Associated Press he's probably seen every bad driving habit on Miami's roads.

"You don't want to know what I've seen," Pinto said. "I've seen everything. I'm from L.A., and we don't see the crazy drivers that you see here."

Portland, Ore., drivers were the least likely of the cities to see other motorists tailgating on the roadways, and St. Louis motorists were the least likely to swear at another driver, the survey found.

Minneapolis-St. Paul was rated the most courteous city in 2006 but slipped to the middle of the list this year.

The most frequent cause of road rage cited in the survey was impatient motorists. Drivers also cited poor driving in fast lanes and driving while stressed, frustrated or angry.

"The best piece of advice is to take a deep breath. Slow down, be aware and be careful," AutoVantage spokesman Todd Smith said, adding the aim of the survey is to increase driver safety across the nation.

More than 2,500 drivers who regularly commute in 25 major metropolitan areas were asked to rate road rage and rude driving in telephone surveys between January and March. The survey was conducted by Prince Market Research has a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.

The list, ranked from those reporting the most incidents of road rage to the fewest:

1. Miami

2. New York

3. Boston

4. Los Angeles

5. Washington, D.C.

6. Phoenix

7. Chicago

8. Sacramento, Calif.

9. Philadelphia

10. San Francisco

11. Houston

12. Atlanta

13. Detroit

14. Minneapolis-St. Paul

15. Baltimore

16. Tampa, Fla.

17. San Diego

18. Cincinnati

19. Cleveland

20. Denver

21. Dallas-Ft. Worth

22. St. Louis

23. Seattle-Tacoma

24. Pittsburgh

25. Portland, Ore.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 05:21 PM

Re: Cities with the Rudest Drivers???

Quote:
Originally posted by DocThee
I think Detroit drivers and people are so rude....
16. Tampa, Fla.
Hard to believe Tampa only ranked 16th. Ridin down I-275 on my way to work in the right lane and move over to the 2nd lane allow some guy to merge. Play it safe and stay far enough back so if the guy takes 2 lane I'll be safe. Sure enough the guy does what I call a Florida lane change and comes over 2 lanes cutting me off big time. I just barley tap my horn to show my frustration and the guy flips me off like I'm the idiot Go figure. Proof positive that no good deed goes unpunished
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 05:26 PM

Boston's number 3... hehe we must be a state of MASSholes....

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 06:59 AM

I donít know about you guys but when someone cuts me off, I make dam sure I pay them back. 90% of the time Iím in my truck and theyíre driving some fuel efficient foreign crap car so once I get a ahead of them I just merge over like they do, oh it gets them real pissed, pay backs are bitch arenít they. Yes Iím the asshole that stops people from shooting up side lanes and the dreaded lane the ends at construction. Hell when I see you coming on the side of the road because you donít wanna wait, watch out, Iíll swing out and push you into the ditch because itís improper lane usage asshole! A few weeks ago I blocked some idiot in a Porsche shooting up the side of the road, needless to say he had to do some off-roading in his Porsche, oh he was pissed and I just laughed. Another time I blocked someone on 75 coming down the side of the road, they decided to swerve around me and NAILED a huge pot hole, LOL now that was priceless.

Iím not saying Iím a total ass, you use your blinker and try to merge at a reasonable distance before an exit, sure Iíll let you in, just donít wait until your 100í from the exit to do so.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 07:18 AM

I hate when people block like that. Some people that are trying to get ahead are the assholes....some of us might be in labor and trying to get to the hospital. Would suck if that person trying to get to the hospital was the one who hit the pot hole. Wonder how priceless it would be then.

Jen
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 08:37 AM

well if your in labor wouldn't you have your flashers on? If that was the case I'd let you by. If your just driving like a mad man/woman what do you expect.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 636Jen
I hate when people block like that. Some people that are trying to get ahead are the assholes....some of us might be in labor and trying to get to the hospital. Would suck if that person trying to get to the hospital was the one who hit the pot hole. Wonder how priceless it would be then.

Jen

Redline Superbike Member

AKA Duneripper :)
Ladies Love Cool D.

"I would have been your daddy, But that dog beat me over the fence."
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tikki50
I donít know about you guys but when someone cuts me off, I make dam sure I pay them back. 90% of the time Iím in my truck and theyíre driving some fuel efficient foreign crap car so once I get a ahead of them I just merge over like they do, oh it gets them real pissed, pay backs are bitch arenít they. Yes Iím the asshole that stops people from shooting up side lanes and the dreaded lane the ends at construction. Hell when I see you coming on the side of the road because you donít wanna wait, watch out, Iíll swing out and push you into the ditch because itís improper lane usage asshole! A few weeks ago I blocked some idiot in a Porsche shooting up the side of the road, needless to say he had to do some off-roading in his Porsche, oh he was pissed and I just laughed. Another time I blocked someone on 75 coming down the side of the road, they decided to swerve around me and NAILED a huge pot hole, LOL now that was priceless.

Iím not saying Iím a total ass, you use your blinker and try to merge at a reasonable distance before an exit, sure Iíll let you in, just donít wait until your 100í from the exit to do so.
That reminds me of a few weeks ago. I290 was forced down to 1 lane and people didnt understand the concept of road signs and that when they say lane ends they should do something. I was half way in between the first lane and the breakdown lane blocking a nice $80k Cadillac XLR Roadster. He didnt like me very much but hey I wouldnt have complained if he gave me a little bump... =)
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 12:51 PM

The key to any blocking situation is that when you do it your in front because if they choose to hit you itís theyíre fault (they get the ticket), also they must be merging into YOUR lane otherwise you get the ticket. So when your paying him back for a cut-off be careful. If theyíre shooting up side lanes, your completely entitled to pull over and use the side road for an emergency stop, itís not your fault he was speeding up the side lane and lost control when a vehicle actually needed to pull over.

I do want to make a special point here: I DO NOT do this to bikes of any kind. Iíve had it happen to me on a bike, not fun. Cars and trucks are game and I always leave the truckers alone although theyíre usually helping me out.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tikki50
The key to any blocking situation is that when you do it your in front because if they choose to hit you itís theyíre fault (they get the ticket), also they must be merging into YOUR lane otherwise you get the ticket. So when your paying him back for a cut-off be careful. If theyíre shooting up side lanes, your completely entitled to pull over and use the side road for an emergency stop, itís not your fault he was speeding up the side lane and lost control when a vehicle actually needed to pull over.

I do want to make a special point here: I DO NOT do this to bikes of any kind. Iíve had it happen to me on a bike, not fun. Cars and trucks are game and I always leave the truckers alone although theyíre usually helping me out.
I agree with you there. Cars and trucks only, Motorcycles are too delicate to chance any incident. I dont think I would be able to live it down if i caused one to go down weather they were reckless or not!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode