Gas just jumped by my work up 20 cents... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Gas just jumped by my work up 20 cents...

Wtf...
$3.49....from $3.29 this morn....
At like, five stations......
Am I missing something going on?

Redline Superbike Member

AKA Duneripper :)
Ladies Love Cool D.

"I would have been your daddy, But that dog beat me over the fence."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 08:45 AM

I will never understand this in my life. If the price of crude oil goes up it shouldn't affect the gas station immediately because they already have gas in the tanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

They told me to follow my dreams...Too bad they were all NiGhTmArEs!

AIM - poorboy721
Yahoo - e_donahue2001
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Headlight
I will never understand this in my life. If the price of crude oil goes up it shouldn't affect the gas station immediately because they already have gas in the tanks.

Ever had one of those jobs that pays you a week after you work, so your paycheck is always a week late? Its the same thing. After all, when prices go back down, the station doesnt way till they run out of the expansive gas to lower them, they drop right away, right?

Earlier I heard this had to do with refineries. First bit of news dumped it all on maintanance, that refineries are undergoing while switching from winter to summer blend. A more ominous not today was talking about how few companies are in the buiseness of refining... GMA still blames it all on shell.

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 10:37 AM

Mate, down here, the price of gas fluctuates up to 15c (US12.5c) throughout the week. Our cheapest full day is usually Tuesday, then it goes up on Wednesday afternoon. We can go from $1.15/L (US$3.63/gal) to $1.30/L ($4.11/gal) from Wednesday morning to afternoon.

It's a blatant rip-off aimed at people's pay packets (Thursday is a normal payday down here). Anyone wanting to go away for the weekend also cops the higher price.

When the price started going up, a few years ago, we were told it was because of the high price of oil and the low Aussie dollar. However, the price of oil has fallen and the dollar is high, yet we're STILL paying high prices. NOW they tell us it's because our prices are governed by the price of fuel in S.E. Asia.

F*cking fuel companies! I rate lawyers and used car salesmen above them!

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 12:09 PM

The thing that bugs me the most about the inflation of the fuel prices is that week after week we get the same pay rate. The cost of living is much much more than the rate we get paid. It's a shame to hear that you guys are up at the 3.50s marker. Its still just under 3.00 here in mass. I think I filled my car 10.5 gal for 31.XX and some change.

Imagine how much of a tragedy it would be if everyone in the entire united states went on vacation for 2 weeks at the same time, and instead of going out stayed home. The cost of fuel would drop drematically. Unfortunately that would never happen, but would be very nice to see all of those greedy people drop to there knees....

The way they see it is like this. They delt with it when we jumped from 1.70 to 2.20 back in 2003. They can handle another jump now.

I think the US Post office is trying the same BS with the cost of stamps. Whats the point of jumping another 2c on stamps.

Bah, The would goes round and round and were just pawns in play....
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gsxr600krzy
The thing that bugs me the most about the inflation of the fuel prices is that week after week we get the same pay rate. The cost of living is much much more than the rate we get paid. It's a shame to hear that you guys are up at the 3.50s marker. Its still just under 3.00 here in mass. I think I filled my car 10.5 gal for 31.XX and some change.

Imagine how much of a tragedy it would be if everyone in the entire united states went on vacation for 2 weeks at the same time, and instead of going out stayed home. The cost of fuel would drop drematically. Unfortunately that would never happen, but would be very nice to see all of those greedy people drop to there knees....

The way they see it is like this. They delt with it when we jumped from 1.70 to 2.20 back in 2003. They can handle another jump now.

I think the US Post office is trying the same BS with the cost of stamps. Whats the point of jumping another 2c on stamps.

Bah, The would goes round and round and were just pawns in play....
If everyone didn't buy fuel for two weeks the gas companies would be estatic, they wouldn't have to spend much on labor for two weeks and after the two weeks EVERYONE is gonna rush for gas BUT because of the two week slow time gas supply is low so they'll raise the price (supply and demand) and make a killing.

Post Office has to go up, gas cost more for company vehicles and employees average wage needs to go up so their workers can still afford to buy all the things that went up in price because of gas and inflation with gas being one of them.
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 12:40 PM

I filled up my Trailblazer today...$82.75

$3.40/gallon

Jen
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 12:42 PM

If i had to pay that i would take a few weeks of vacation... i get about 320 to a tank and have to fill up twice a week.

So im around 60 - 65 for a week - a week and a half....

Carpool anyone?
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Catback
If everyone didn't buy fuel for two weeks the gas companies would be estatic, they wouldn't have to spend much on labor for two weeks and after the two weeks EVERYONE is gonna rush for gas BUT because of the two week slow time gas supply is low so they'll raise the price (supply and demand) and make a killing.

Post Office has to go up, gas cost more for company vehicles and employees average wage needs to go up so their workers can still afford to buy all the things that went up in price because of gas and inflation with gas being one of them.

SHHH... Im in the state of mind where I want to hate the world for raising the price of everything... Dont ruin it for me...

HAHA!
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gsxr600krzy
...Its still just under 3.00 here in mass...

...I think the US Post office is trying the same BS with the cost of stamps. Whats the point of jumping another 2c on stamps...
US$3.00/gal?! You lucky, lucky bastard. That's AUD$0.95/L!!! I couldn't tell you when we last saw a price like that.

With respect to stamps, we don't have 1c or 2c coins here (they were phased-out years ago), so stamps go up 5c every jump!

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode