motorcycle gear in Utica - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

motorcycle gear in Utica area

A little help -

Isn't there a motorcycle gear place on old Van Dyke north of Utica? Someone on here owns it or works there, right?
or am I completely f'd up?

In need of some JR ballistic pants and gloves for f4iange.

thanks!

mb.

Last edited by motoboy; 05-10-2007 at 03:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 01:40 AM

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 02:50 AM

There is a new shop on Mound just south of 26 Mile rd.
Sport Bike Track Gear is the name of it

Sport Bike Track Gear

You can't really see the shop from mound it is the first plaza East of Mound South of 26 all the way to the end of the strip

When I was there there was a kid working there named Nick that used to belong to redline I guess

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by redneckfireman

When I was there there was a kid working there named Nick that used to belong to redline I guess
1BADR6
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LuckyStrike
Magic Racing

http://www.magicracing.com/
they don't carry ANY street stuff, although i think they can order it...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by redneckfireman
There is a new shop on Mound just south of 26 Mile rd.
Sport Bike Track Gear is the name of it

Sport Bike Track Gear

You can't really see the shop from mound it is the first plaza East of Mound South of 26 all the way to the end of the strip

not sure what's up with this place.... I mean their website looks nice and all, but i went over there at 2:00pm today and the sign on the door says closed
called the 888 # got no answer but their answering machine gave a local cell # but no answer there either, and the VM was full.
Some guy saw us standing in the parking lot and came and opened the door. Get inside (the place is tiny) and there is hardly anything in there for sale.

mb.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 11:18 AM
I like my bike like I like my girl - Nekkid

Send a message via AIM to 1badr6
The majority of our business is online. Well 99% of it is anyway. We opened the store to give people a place to come in and actually be able to get the expensive cool parts that everyone sees on the internet. Sato Rearsets/pit-bull stands/race suits/held gloves ....

Most of the customers that walk in area looking for $30 gloves just to say they own gloves. We carry really only gauntlet gloves gloves for a reason, they work and actually do something.

Our business structure is way different than most, we revolve around customer service and providing for our customers. Our customer base isn't street riders, it is track riders. We vend at 35 track day weekends a year, and if anyone does an STT day they will probably see me there. So what we carry pertains to who we are looking to serve. That might be why we don't have anything on our floor.

We can and will order anything if you would like it not a problem, we don't have "store prices" and then way cheaper internet prices. Our prices are very competitive throughout the industry and when you walk into the store we have the same prices as on the website. As much as we want to stock everything it is impossible. Our inventory grows everyday and is just getting bigger, we have 50 pair of boots, 200 pairs of gloves, 500 suits, 3000 tires, plus much more stuff that we don't even have displayed in the store.

Sorry you didn't find what you were looking for in our store, its hard to please everyone, and street riders are a market we are still moving into. We revolve around our nitch and that is the core of the company. As for coming and it saying its closed, that is because there are only a few of us working today filling orders for the internet. The rest left for the weekend to go to the track and provide a service for the core customers, and STT members.

If you were looking for something specific give me a call and I can see what I can do.

-Nick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 R6 AE
1969 Firebird
1996 Dodge Dakota (work truck)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode