Disturbing Motorcycel Crash NWS-graphic - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,459
Disturbing Motorcycel Crash NWS-graphic

http://www.tennspeed.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2185

yucky
yamagirl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 06:34 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,324
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sorry, but that's kind of funny.

Nothing that I have not seen before, but still, to hit an entire big old truck like that. It is not like they are invisible.

If not drugs or drink related, then one would have to guess sleep depravation.

Shows that one should only be riding when they are 100% as it can be dangerous.
fasterbusa is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 06:44 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,234
Wow. Can't say that I find that funny.....

Never seen anything like that before.

RIP man.



Jen
636Jen is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 07:33 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 304
Already saw this on Kawiforums.com over a week ago. Pretty gross and disturbing stuff! Not a laughing matter for sure.
crayder90 is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 07:45 PM
OPP
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,855
Quote:
Originally posted by fasterbusa
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sorry, but that's kind of funny.

Nothing that I have not seen before, but still, to hit an entire big old truck like that. It is not like they are invisible.
.
Exactly. What are the chances of him doing the posted speed limit, and the truck fell outta the sky like an anvil in a Coyote and Road-runner cartoon?
OPP is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 07:48 PM
OPP
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,855
BTW, ........the law says we are to be in control of our vehicles at all times, regardless of conditions. THat means drive slow enough for nighttime, snow, rain, or when playing frogger with big-white trucks. I'll bet its a 99% chance that it wasn't hte trucks fault. The 1% being a case like Wayne....
OPP is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 08:30 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 226
kinda disturbing.
YellowBeast is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 05:39 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,798
120 at the time of impact? Assuming he actually saw the truck (and I'm having a hard time believing anyone can miss it) that means he either freaking out and never touched his brakes, or he was going much faster just a second or so before.



Vash is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 05:53 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,234
It's not a question of FAULT.....we can probably safely assume that the rider was riding fast in the dark and didn't see the truck. I know someone (you know who you are!) who was riding a wheelie in the dark and the road turned from pavement to gravel and he didn't realize it until a mile later!

We all (99% of us) do stupid shit on bikes and most times we are LUCKY not to get caught or hurt. This time, this guy wasn't so lucky....but I don't think it's something to laugh about. Maybe it could be used more as a wake up call to those of us who have been very lucky in the past. Maybe I'm taking this too seriously? I just don't think death is funny I guess.


Jen
636Jen is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 06:03 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 732
It's possible that he was starting to move over to pass the truck but misjudged his rate of closure and was possibly affected by the buffeting and draft of the truck.
We don't know, he may have been coming over a crest in the road. He was in a racers tuck which limits forward visibility and may have been looking at his speedo or somethng for a split second.
Sad he paid the ultimate price for an adrenalin rush.

Funny in that he looks like one of those stuffed toys people leave hanging out of their trunk or hood of the their car.


mb.
motoboy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome