Dirt Ride Report: The Meadows/Luzerne, MI 5/6/07 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Dirt Ride Report: The Meadows/Luzerne, MI 5/6/07

I know some people here serve double duty and ride both the street and the dirt so I figured I'd post this up here too...who's coming out with us next time?

Wow, what a BEAUTIFUL day! We couldn't have asked for anything better. We started riding around 11 or 11:30. There is an extreme fire danger up there right now so conditions were more than dusty to say the least. Lots of loft sandy berms. Our ride consisted of a mixture of tight single track, connected by wider snowmobile ORV trails. I was really nervous to get my "big" bike in the really tight single track. I dreaded it on the KX and I could even touch flat footed on that! Well, come to find out...fitting on a bike properly made it so much easier to ride. Not to mention the big wheels help get over the ruts and rocks. So now the tight single track is my favorite. At one point when I was leading I caught something moving out of the corner of my eye so I slowed down, then I saw a dear so I stopped. After I had stopped I saw them scattering everywhere, probably about 10-15 of them. Then on the large snowmobile trails there lots of sweeping sandy turns with some whoops. This was the first time I've had the opportunity to really open the bike up for long periods of time. All I can say is that I can't hold on tight enough! I'm squeezing with my knees as hard as I can, holding on with my hands as tight as I can...its just not enough. Definitely gotta get back to working out.

I'm not sure how many miles we did...I'll let Booger fill that in. I think is was the best trail ride I've ever been on, and the greatest weather ever. Can't wait for next weekend!

This is how I roll!

Bikes and 1/4 of me (booger has the KX, I have the KTM)

Entering the single track

Seasonal Road/ORV

Not sure if they are trying to clear the forest for re-growth or if it had to do with the fire they had up there last year but there was lots of new clear cutting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 04:52 PM

thats one of my favorite trail systems for dirt riding. the mcct trails are tight, you can hear your piston splitting from the way to long wide open runs down the snowmobile trails and ahh ma deeters for beers!

wish I still had a dirt bike
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 09:10 PM

Buddy, we wish you had a dirt scoot also... Time to buy guy, time to buy... You can pick up a sweet KTM 300 cheap these days...
Lots of summer coming up and your running out of excuses...!

What Cori left out... She did GREAT.. There is a 3 mile stretch of two track that is sugar and full GREAT 4 & 5th gear rollers, sharp berms and wide sweepers... I let her lead and I rode her wheel and not once did she get spooked... I mean, it was less than 3 feet at times... She did comment how loud my bike is when I was that close... I had a few chances to make passes but was having fun pushing, she didn't even fumble in the sharp berms... Good job BABE!

Dude, it was soooo funny watching everyones faces when we pulled into places, here we are with a rimmed out Subaru and they have F250's and a single bike in the back... That little ride impressed me a ton, you didn't even know the trailer was back there at 75 and got 18MPG at that speed...

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 03:22 AM

Very nice, I'm glad I'm not too old to play in the dirt...
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 03:54 AM

Looks like a damn good time guys - and a hell of a lot wider then the Leota loop... lol
One of these days we will actually ride together

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 04:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by NateDog
Very nice, I'm glad I'm not too old to play in the dirt...
Yea...but unless you actually go out and ride you can't say you play in the dirt You missed a great time!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 05:38 AM

Ya'll are killing me with these dirtbikes and Motards so I went and talked to a friend (Jeff) and he is attempting to get me a somewhat rare orange Motard.......anyone have a spare room and some garage space? I have a feeling when I bring it home I will not have a home LOL
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 05:55 AM

Awesome pics Cori!! Glad you guys had fun! Man, that looks like a blast!

Jen
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Judge
Ya'll are killing me with these dirtbikes and Motards so I went and talked to a friend (Jeff) and he is attempting to get me a somewhat rare orange Motard.......anyone have a spare room and some garage space? I have a feeling when I bring it home I will not have a home LOL
LOL, you can hide it at my house!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jjkGURU
Looks like a damn good time guys - and a hell of a lot wider then the Leota loop... lol
One of these days we will actually ride together

Thats why I love these two loops... There is everything, so when your mind goes numb from almost smacking 80 trees and you lose the flow, a two track is coming up and then it dumps into the tight again..
We are going to ride Leota, matter O' fact.. We are staying at my dads place in Lake for a week this August and we are going to do three rides, lots of drinking and a trip to TC for the beach and wine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode