Motorcycle Crash??? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Motorcycle Crash???

Hey, I was just coming home with the kids and I saw what appeared to be a motorcycle that was hit by a school bus?? Commerce Rd is completely shut down at Hiller. There are tons of cops, fire trucks and other people around there. Does anyone have any info on this?

The bus was infront of Scotch Elementary school and my kids's school and Scotch ride home on the same bus. Man, I hope it wasn't serious.

Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/13245234/detail.html

This was all I could find.

Two of the kids in the neighborhood said that they saw the bus hit the motorcyclist. One girl who is in 1st grade said that the bus ran him over. There WERE kids on the bus and they were just pulling out of Scotch Elementary. What a horrible thing for a bunch of 6-10 year olds to see. My kids' bus was right behind bus #14 ...the one that hit the bike.

Jen
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ClickonDetroit

Police said Commerce Road had been between Green Lake Road and Hiller Road while police conducted an investigation.
That sux when a road moves after an accident happens. LOL

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 636Jen
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/13245234/detail.html

What a horrible thing for a bunch of 6-10 year olds to see.

Screw the kids......what a horrible thing for the motorcyclist involved.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 07:29 PM

"Witnesses said that the motorcycle was passing to the right of traffic in a flare lane for the school driveway, and passed at least three passenger vehicles and a commercial vehicle before colliding with the school bus."

What's a 'flare lane'?
I'm guessing a turn lane but not sure.

School busses are one of the more sturdier vehicles on the road. I doubt anyone on the bus felt the crash.

Hope the rider pulls through

mb.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 10:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to xboxdynasty
Quote:
Originally posted by hellsnat
That sux when a road moves after an accident happens. LOL
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

ha

am i done now?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Police said the individual driving the motorcycle had been transported to a Royal Oak Beaumont hospital with serious head and chest injuries.

Witnesses said that the motorcycle was passing to the right of traffic in a flare lane for the school driveway, and passed at least three passenger vehicles and a commercial vehicle before colliding with the school bus.

Police said Commerce Road is a two-lane road with one lane eastbound and one lane westbound, and is marked as a no-passing zone.

Sounds to me like he was riding on Commerce going towards Hiller and going to turn right on Old Orchard Rd (nice twisties back there) and tried to pass a bunch of people on the right shoulder part where the driveway to the school is and hit the side of a school bus pulling into the school. Serious head a chest injuries....that doesn't sound good.

Jen
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 636Jen

Sounds to me like he was riding on Commerce going towards Hiller and going to turn right on Old Orchard Rd (nice twisties back there) and tried to pass a bunch of people on the right shoulder part where the driveway to the school is and hit the side of a school bus pulling into the school. Serious head a chest injuries....that doesn't sound good.

Jen
Yeah, the article is lacking a bit on directions of travel but that's pretty much what I suspected....someone in the stopped line of cars left an opening for the Bus and the driver pulled right in probably...without noticing the bike coming up the shoulder area....

Old Orchard Trail is nice but you have to watch the cops.....a few years ago, my brother and turned on to it and ripped up through 1st and into second only to pass a cop going the other way....we ended up hiding on a side street for 15-20 minutes to let him clear the area only to see him sitting on the side of the road as we pulled out of the sub

Justin
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoboy
What's a 'flare lane'?
I'm guessing a turn lane but not sure.
Yea it's a turn lane that starts some distance before a turn or driveway and ends at the turn/driveway used for the purpose of slowing down for the turn without slowing down traffic that isn't turning.

I have no doubt the bus hardly felt anything on impact, huge bus vs bike you do the math.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode