need to get my msf safety certificate asap - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

need to get my msf safety certificate asap

sorry for the short message, but i'm sending this via my cell phone. i took my msf course back in 2001 i think, at occ orchard ridge. is there any super fast way i can track down another copy of my certificate? i can't ride a bike down here in Georgia on post without it. thanks, -bill 248 943 3524
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 05:42 AM

It might be quicker for you to just take another MSF class locally.

When I was on base, they used to offer a special all day class in order to be able to ride on the base. Maybe that is not how it is done anymore.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 05:50 AM

Don't waste any more time thinking that you will be able to get a copy of your old one. Start looking for a class down there -----> up here, there are a couple of times a year that there is a special class (just for military). There most likely is a one day class down there. The class is probably right on base --- don't forget your vest!

You will NOT be able to get a copy of your card from 6/7 years ago.

Scott

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by old school
Don't waste any more time thinking that you will be able to get a copy of your old one. Start looking for a class down there -----> up here, there are a couple of times a year that there is a special class (just for military). There most likely is a one day class down there. The class is probably right on base --- don't forget your vest!

You will NOT be able to get a copy of your card from 6/7 years ago.

Scott
Well B it may not be the answer you want but I told ya Old School would have the answer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

They told me to follow my dreams...Too bad they were all NiGhTmArEs!

AIM - poorboy721
Yahoo - e_donahue2001
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 07:45 AM

There is a guy on here that is one of the instructors.

I can't remember his name. And I think he teaches out there.

Come on man! Post up! Hook a Soldier up!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 08:15 AM

Having the endorsement on your license isnt enough?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by four_by_ken
Having the endorsement on your license isnt enough?
Nope...having an endorsement doesn't mean you have had any training...remember...the course isn't a requirement to get your endorsement. All you HAVE to do is pass the written and road test to get the endorsement. All military installations require that you take a course to ride on base...my Dad used to teach it in NJ at Lakehurst Naval Base and I used to know the guy who ran it for McGuire AFB in NJ too. The safety Nazi's on base also require that you wear a bright colored vest while on post so people can see you better.... It sucks but....

I did notice that Power Trip or someone now makes a jacket that has zip out flaps that act like a vest....unfortunately it's in an Army jacket so if you are in another branch...you're screwed right now.

Justin

Last edited by Apps; 04-25-2007 at 09:21 AM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

hey guys, thanks for your help. I was able to ride for an hour borrowing a friend's bike. when I come back here for Air Assault school, i'll be ready to rock and roll!

thanks again for everybody's help and speedy responses.

-Bill

edit: JR has a line of Army bike jackets, but they're not the most flattering looking. Icon makes a pretty cool Mil-Spec vest that I was looking at. It's not a big deal to ride with your PT vest here on post.

Best wishes,

-Bill

Last edited by bmacd; 04-26-2007 at 03:01 AM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 12:26 PM

Rule #1 for AA school is forget everything you have ever been told, learned or even thought about rigging and sling loading. It is their way or the highway!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 12:58 PM

Actually, if you gave a copy of your card to your previous insurance company they should still have it on file. You could just ask them to see if you could get a copy.

That worked for me but it was only 1 year not 5+.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode