Hey everyone. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

Hey everyone.

Hi to everyone. Hopefully everyone remembers me. I came to this site a year or so ago and met some cool people.

I ended up selling my bike last summer because I have a kid and I really dont want to end up a mess on the road somewhere and not be able to care for my family. But man, I see all these bikes coming out on the roads this year and I just wanna cry!

Im secretly looking around and keeping my eyes open for a used bike. Although Im not even sure if Im gonna get one again.

Anyways, I just figured I would swing by and see how everyone is doing!

Later on!

-Jay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 06:25 AM

Hey, I'm Jen. I don't think we've met but I wanted to say that I totally understand about selling the bike. I don't necessarily agree...lol but I understand! More responsibility sure makes you think about things more! Congrads on the new addition to your family. Hopefully we'll see you out there this year. You don't have to go tripple digits to have fun. You might really miss that freedom!

Jen
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Yeah. My daughter was two when I sold it. Shes turning three next month. I just kept hearing about all these people getting wrecked on the road by idiot cagers. After a few close calls, and one REALLY close call, (Driver ran a red light, missed me by about 5 feet...) I turned around to go home. After I parked it I kept thinking about that. What if I was there one second sooner? How would my family survive? So the next morning I rode it to the dealership and sold it.

Given all of that thought, I still regret getting rid of it! hahah! Oh well. I told myself I could get another one when she got older, but Its really hard this summer. If I find one at a good price around here I might crack. Im trying not to think about it tho.

Nice meeting you Jen.

-Jay.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 06:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to 97yzfinwyo Send a message via Yahoo to 97yzfinwyo
time for her own bike

man if shes three its time for her first bike! my girl started riding at three and now is 6 and she has 2 bikes and races them. we ride together also. get back on a bike yourself just ride like everybodies out to get you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aprilsbikes.jpg (192.6 KB, 82 views)
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 06:53 AM

Re: time for her own bike

Quote:
Originally posted by 97yzfinwyo
man if shes three its time for her first bike! my girl started riding at three and now is 6 and she has 2 bikes and races them. we ride together also. get back on a bike yourself just ride like everybodies out to get you.
sweet KTM for the daughter, but why is yours in the background???

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 07:39 AM

Of course, it is always a good idea to be heavily insured.
That said, just be attentive and careful when riding. Watch your six and try to learn from other people's mistakes.

Now go and buy a new bike! Easy monthly payments!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 07:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to 97yzfinwyo Send a message via Yahoo to 97yzfinwyo
Re: Re: time for her own bike

Quote:
Originally posted by jjkGURU
sweet KTM for the daughter, but why is yours in the background???

I was hoping nobody would catch that
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay22
Yeah. My daughter was two when I sold it. Shes turning three next month. I just kept hearing about all these people getting wrecked on the road by idiot cagers. After a few close calls, and one REALLY close call, (Driver ran a red light, missed me by about 5 feet...) I turned around to go home. After I parked it I kept thinking about that. What if I was there one second sooner? How would my family survive? So the next morning I rode it to the dealership and sold it.

Given all of that thought, I still regret getting rid of it! hahah! Oh well. I told myself I could get another one when she got older, but Its really hard this summer. If I find one at a good price around here I might crack. Im trying not to think about it tho.

Nice meeting you Jen.

-Jay.
I think along similar lines, and know how you feel.
As a parent and provider, even a serious injury can cause a dramatic outcome for your family, including possible suffering, bankrupcy, permanant disability, divorce,...fear among siblings to overcome obstacles in their future ect...
These things way heavily on me when riding and the choices I make while doing so...
I could not give up riding though...just an adjustment on how I ride.
Kudos on going with your own choices....
To be self-critical and conscious of others needs is a great asset.
We had a female in this forum that also chose to give up riding after witnessing a bike accident outcome.
Her choices are respected.

Redline Superbike Member

AKA Duneripper :)
Ladies Love Cool D.

"I would have been your daddy, But that dog beat me over the fence."
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Yeah. I am heavily insured. Its still not enough for me tho. I mean, I REALLY miss riding. Its just that thought of what could happen.

I was always very careful. Thats the only reason im fine now. Any one of those close calls would have been a major wreck if I wasnt totally focused.

Dont get me wrong, I wish I still had my bike. Especially now cause I dont really like the new gixxers.

I had an 05.

Oh and as far as her getting her first bike, If I had a place to take her to ride, I would consider it. However shes still having trouble with her power wheels quad.

Anyone local trying to sell a bike? Haha!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 08:21 AM

Hey Jay I didn't know you sold your bike. I understand were your coming from I sold my first bike (CBR F2) after watching friend after friend die and it made me think, when is it going to be my turn, so I sold it. I held out for as many years as I could and in all honesty your feeling you have now will never go away, its like crack.

I have two suggestions for you:
A. buy some dirt bikes for the family and make it a family outing so everyone gets to ride and have fun.

B. take it to the track, it's much safer, well depending on how crazy you are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode