Submitted my 2 week notice yesterday... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Submitted my 2 week notice yesterday...

Well I put my 2 week notice in here at Ford Credit. I'm so sick of their shit it's not funny. I've busted my ass for 3 years and have been given absolutely no reward to show for it. My boss wasn't very happy since were getting ready to launch a new website and I'll be leaving right before, oh well. He then told me my position was going to be cut anyways, although I think he said that to just piss me off. So I went and told all the contractors what he told me and they ALL started looking for new positions, take that you bastard. I'm sick of this micro management shit my new boss implemented, it's like I'm a first grader again! Either way, they always tend to lay people off right before Christmas which is the worst time, so I handed them one, those fuckers. My boss came and told me today that I wasn't allowed to attend the department meeting or the Christmas party, WTF, what an ASSHOLE! It's been one crazy ass fucking year for me. I got married, we're having a baby, I wrecked my bike, I'm switching jobs, we're moving salons, we moved homes, I got a new truck....I really hope next year is smoother with less change

My new job is going to be a far drive, it's up in Birmingham so I'll have drive daily from downriver, at least I'll have a good bike commute instead of the 8 miles trips I was doing, which really was just a waste of time along with needless wear and tear on the bike. Of course on Thursdays I'll be able to hit Royal joke more often since its on my way home.

So yeah, I pretty much quit working already and now I'm just sitting here hoping they let me go sooner so I can go hunting...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 08:48 AM

best of luck to you. Seems like everyone's having a rough year. Look up, next year we're all gonna laugh about it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 08:50 AM

I know how ya feel.
I've been tool designing and project leading without compensation for two years.
I'm originally a CNC guy.

Redline Superbike Member

AKA Duneripper :)
Ladies Love Cool D.

"I would have been your daddy, But that dog beat me over the fence."

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 09:00 AM

Looks like I might be putting in my 2 weeks here at a job that I've only been at for 3 weeks. Something better has come up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

They told me to follow my dreams...Too bad they were all NiGhTmArEs!

AIM - poorboy721
Yahoo - e_donahue2001
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 06:41 AM

Damn, I am working out my last few days at my current job. I would say the mood was pretty tense when I said I was leaving. We are in the middle of a huge mainframe upgrade and the team was already down sized to 2 people. The guy I work with was talkin shit to the manager about how I had bad timing in leaving.....bad timing...beeotch please I am moving up 50% in pay, manager even said yeah bad timing, for the guy left on his own.

Commuting is going to be a change, from working from home, but I am way passed done on this work from home crap. I had to invest in clothes for work and all that bullshit........thank God I was doing such a good job at the almost done employer, that I got a nice $500 AMEX gift card just before I turned in notice.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by UglyAngelX
Damn, I am working out my last few days at my current job. I would say the mood was pretty tense when I said I was leaving. We are in the middle of a huge mainframe upgrade and the team was already down sized to 2 people. The guy I work with was talkin shit to the manager about how I had bad timing in leaving.....bad timing...beeotch please I am moving up 50% in pay, manager even said yeah bad timing, for the guy left on his own.

Commuting is going to be a change, from working from home, but I am way passed done on this work from home crap. I had to invest in clothes for work and all that bullshit........thank God I was doing such a good job at the almost done employer, that I got a nice $500 AMEX gift card just before I turned in notice.
Your doing better than me, I put in my 2 weeks notice and they said get out! Bastids

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

They told me to follow my dreams...Too bad they were all NiGhTmArEs!

AIM - poorboy721
Yahoo - e_donahue2001
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Headlight
Your doing better than me, I put in my 2 weeks notice and they said get out! Bastids
You've only been there for 3 weeks you big cry baby
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:41 PM

I actually put in a 2.5 week notice and I was hoping they would tell me to get out. The company used to do that due to technology information and rights....and they had to pay you for the time that you were let go early. They just needed and still need me to be there, I told the big manager, good luck filling the position! They tried to fill my spot with an Indian overseas and could not find the right talent and skills over there and they gave up on that, so I kept the job until the right thing came along....so it came down to a screw me, no screw you kind of deal. Even if they would have matched the dollars I would have told them to forget it. I had 4 offers from other companies in 1 week, so I knew I was out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode