For all gun nuts - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

For all gun nuts

This is from the folks at Dillon, the reloading company.
It seems to me to be fairly accurate.
I hope you read it and give it a think and then pass it on.

http://dillonprecision.com/vote.cfm?dyn=1&
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 06:34 AM

lol great read! I vote, am a member of the NRA as well as my local gun club... so I guess my bases are covered. Although I do not drive a truck with a gun rack in the back.
post #3 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 07:42 AM
Dad

The NRA is not about just guns but IS a right wing extremist group. Gun owners and fans need to start a gun support group that supports reasonable gun ownership and support for their hobby and NOT extreme right wing nuttiness. The extremism is the current and future source of most of your problems and NOT some kind of conspiracy to take all of your guns from you.

If you are a serious hunter or gun enthusiast, you have nothing to fear from any measurable constituency of your fellow citizens of any party. Sure, you can find anecdotes but nothing with any real teeth or support resulting in detrimental action. Why do you suppose George Bush senior publically resigned his lifetime membership in the NRA? Because he's a left wing nut? Anybody know if that's true or just an urban legend. (Pssst... it's true.)

If you continue backing nuts who refuse to see any merit in such things as outlawing armor piercing bullets, you'll continue to have problems, and not from the reasonable majority who totally support your right to own guns and persue your hobby. The NRA's insistence on such extreme views and outright bogus issues is their self-serving need to exist and they're serving NOBODY but themselves by perpetuating it, creating the issues from whole cloth. As gun professionals you should get behind reasonable issues, offer your help and expertise, and never let the few left extreme nuts gain undue influence in battling your right wing nuts. You're a voting block that's being pandered to in the most vile fashion, REPEATEDLY cutting off your nose to spite your face. Obviously, JMO.

I've spoken my piece and won't argue it further because it's too big to be done here and I don't have the time. BUT.... start with listening to the speeches of your head nut, La Pierre. The WHOLE speech, not just excerpts. In their totality they make my case better than ANYTHING I could say in summary. And listen to more than one. His annual address to the club from a few years ago, held in Pittsburgh would be a good start. I listened to the whole thing and couldn't believe what I was hearing! Is that really what you support? You need a club that supports your hobby within a society and NOT some NUTS who have an agenda they support that's WAY beyond the scope of your hobby! Happy hunting!

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.

Last edited by Dad; 10-29-2006 at 07:58 AM.

post #4 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 07:48 AM

*heads to the micro to pop some corn and enjoy the show*

mb.
post #5 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Dad

Quote:
Originally posted by motoboy
*heads to the micro to pop some corn and enjoy the show*

mb.
Make enough for me! I spoke my piece.

post #6 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 09:31 AM
Dad

Quote:
Originally posted by HOSEA-4-v6
A free country such as the United States can only exist in the past where EVERY CITIZEN had Weapons of War to keep their Government in Fear of the People it Served!

Now it is We The People who fear the "defacto government" that exist today.

This country was lost with Civil War One................
The South Was Right.
And not about slavery, but about States Rights.
Is there a museum somewhere that has all of Martin Luther King's guns on display? He must have had a TON of them to affect the changes HE did!

Tell us some more. You're making my case beautifully!

Last edited by Dad; 10-29-2006 at 09:40 AM.
post #7 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dad
Is there a museum somewhere that has all of Martin Luther King's guns on display? He must have had a TON of them to affect the changes HE did!

Tell us some more. You're making my case beautifully!
Now why must he have had a lot of guns? Just because he's black? That ain't right man. Besides, he had all the serial numbers shaved off his guns... they wouldn't display them in a museum.
post #8 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

"Reasonable gun ownership". So what is that? To whom is this "reasonable" directed or who defines "reasonable"?

I am not aware, being a member, that the NRA is extremeist, although they are right wing.

Many Democrats enjoy shooting sports and have no problem with firearms ownership. However, the bulk of the Democrat leadership are highly antigun. They want no one to be able to own guns, well, except for themselves. But no one else.

Is this what you mean by "reasonable gun ownership"?

I have never been to one of the NRA conventions, so perhaps things have been said that I am not aware of. However, I read their mag every month and so far, I really do not have any problems about it.

Mr. Bush because upset over the Ruby Ridge articles, I believe. When the NRA made comments about the jack booted thugs who attacked that family and murdered Randy Weaver's family members. I have no problem with that at all. The BATF has long been out of control and a bunch of jack booted thugs on more than a few occasions.

Congress has punished the BATF on more than one occasion as well for "being off the reservation" as they say.

politician does not honor the 2nd Amendment, then we question whether they will honor any of the others. So, we act accordingly.
But I do agree with you in the point of this article, more gun owners should be forming into powerful voting blocks, but for some reason, we do not.

Oh well.
post #9 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Many Democrats enjoy shooting sports and have no problem with firearms ownership. However, the bulk of the Democrat leadership are highly antigun. They want no one to be able to own guns, well, except for themselves. But no one else.
Canada is calling.........

Jen
post #10 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 10:20 PM

Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason, and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
should ever be forgot.

England - 1605
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode