Shooting time - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Shooting time

I'm thinking it's time to dust off the six shooters and lets do some shooting. I'm thinking about going to DoubleAction this Saturday and pop some caps. Anyone want to join me.

Steven
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 07:22 PM

What time on Saturday?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 09:21 PM

I might be in to shoot my 22 there. Give me a call Steve on the time. 810-278-1700.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 10:08 PM

whats doubleaction and where is it? ill bring my xd9...but ive been dyin to shoot my rifle, do they have a rifle range or just handgun? i might be down to go, the old lady is working tomorrow so i dont have shit to do
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 03:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Double Action is an indoor range that is located on Dequindre just north of 13 Mile (it could be 14). Yes, they have a pistol range and a rifle range. I'm out on Saturday, but for me the winter is time to get some range time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 04:50 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
I'd love to get in on some of the indoor range shooting this winter.. last year was great after the CCW class...

I hadn't even got my handguns out all summer

Keep us posted about get togethers for the range.. not sure how often I can make it down for but want to a couple times at least...

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 06:46 AM

Well, then perhaps you can inform us about any nice ranges closer to your neck of the woods, so we could sometimes make the trek up there instead of you having to always come down here.

I know they have Glock competitions someplace in Bay City. I am not sure if Rev has shot there before or not, but he might be able to let us know where that range is. However, it might be an outdoor range. We will see.

Opps!
Mike is Rev on WOS.
On Redline, Mike is desmo900rider. Sorry about that, Chief!

Last edited by fasterbusa; 10-21-2006 at 07:35 AM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 07:46 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
no problem with me coming down..afterall I'm only one and it would make no sense to have 5 or 6 drive out of their way for the convinience of just one

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neller0414
whats doubleaction and where is it? ill bring my xd9...but ive been dyin to shoot my rifle, do they have a rifle range or just handgun? i might be down to go, the old lady is working tomorrow so i dont have shit to do
on the XD

just fyi, bass pro shop (at great lakes crossing) has a great indoor range. we like it way better than double action, but you have to call ahead of time

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 06:25 AM

+1 great lakes crossing does have a nice range. I actually took Angela there for our 3rd date to go shoot a hand gun. It was funny watching her shoot because she closed her eyes before pulling the trigger. One thing I learned, if she ever pulls a gun on me, don't move, she'll shoot all around me but miss me, aka the target. HAHA.

As for getting the guns out, I need to get the 12 gauge out and start putting some rounds through it. I really need to find a 200yd range for this sucker. These partition golds I'm using really shoot flat and carry tons of velocity at long ranges. My pattern right now is 2" high at 50yds, flat at 100yds. I'd like to see how 150-175 yds fair with the drop pattern. Some friends that shoot the same round and gun were talking a 4" drop at 175, and 6" at 200yds, that's insane. I can't imagine taking a shot at 175 yds with a shotgun, but it is possible, thank god for that 45mil. scope I have on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode