my kz650 i got for free - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

my kz650 i got for free

here is a before i fixed it up

this is in the process

her is after just a lil bit of paint and some new tires

J did the paint and helped some with the fabrication. We did this the day before going to bike week last year so he had a ride.
I was going to sell it but i think i might make an all out drag bike out of it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
you gonna put your ZX10 back to stock then?

nice choice in new wheels

I wish I had the time to get my old Honda 125 back into shape.. last it was ever cranked over was 1992 when my husband (at the time) and I were trying to fix her up after it sitting since 1989 ... It was my first BIG bike what a step up from my first - the lil Kawasaki 75..

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamRyder
you gonna put your ZX10 back to stock then?

nice choice in new wheels

I wish I had the time to get my old Honda 125 back into shape.. last it was ever cranked over was 1992 when my husband (at the time) and I were trying to fix her up after it sitting since 1989 ... It was my first BIG bike what a step up from my first - the lil Kawasaki 75..

E.
prolly never make the 10r stock again, i'll prolly just make one really sick and scary and the other fun to whoop ppl on the street my first was an 88 750 ninja i fixed up. my ex wouldn't let me buy a new bike so i told her i got it in trade for helping a buddy then i heard all kinds of hell when i bought my 10r

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 11:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to usmeiners
K&N Backrest

Interested in selling the K&N Backrest?

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

If its a penny for your thoughts and you are putting in your two cents, hey someone's making a penny.

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Re: K&N Backrest

Quote:
Originally posted by usmeiners
Interested in selling the K&N Backrest?

I think i threw all that stuff out when i took it off, i can look around tonight if i still have it you can have it.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 03:55 PM
OPP

You did some great work scotty. The tires really set it off and I like that tail.

What about a couple of triangular side panels to hide that electric stuff. (right below the seat)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

thanks opp, i got the originals i just need to talk justin into painting them for me(hint hint) then i can throw them on. when we built it everything was so rushed and i thought i lost them. Oh and usmeiners i looked around i think i did throw those parts out, sorry. We got way more looks in daytona on the old kz than we did with my 10r how sad is that?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
Quote:
Originally posted by scottyMIzt
thanks opp, i got the originals i just need to talk justin into painting them for me(hint hint) then i can throw them on. when we built it everything was so rushed and i thought i lost them. Oh and usmeiners i looked around i think i did throw those parts out, sorry. We got way more looks in daytona on the old kz than we did with my 10r how sad is that?
not sad at all.. zx10r's are a dime a dozen anymore... now display a nicely redone oldie... THAT's worthy stoppin and looking at...

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by OPP
You did some great work scotty. The tires really set it off and I like that tail.

What about a couple of triangular side panels to hide that electric stuff. (right below the seat)
X2 on all comments.
Looks sano.

Redline Superbike Member

AKA Duneripper :)
Ladies Love Cool D.

"I would have been your daddy, But that dog beat me over the fence."
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 07:07 PM

i got those side covers still i think we grabbed them from detroit. if not we gotta give them good ole boyz a call. but they will get painted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode