Plane CRASH INTO BUILDING NYC!!!!! BREAKING NEWS - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Plane CRASH INTO BUILDING NYC!!!!! BREAKING NEWS

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/11/pla....ap/index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 11:32 AM

Watching the news now.....

Looks like an accident....

Jen
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 11:40 AM

Looks like one, but in Tampa about a year and a half ago, the same thing happened and it was some kid wanting to play talaban that did it.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 02:05 PM

Plane crash

Even weirder is that the pilot (who died) of the plane was Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle. Plane apparantly had some sort of mechanical problem after takeoff.

News reports say the the plane was a Cirrus SR-20, one of the only planes that incorporates an emergency airframe parachute. You can actually deploy a giant parachute that is attached to the plane which brings the whole plane to a safe, soft landing in case of emergency.

http://www.cirrusdesign.com

If his plane was equipped with this feature, I wonder why he he didn't just "pull the cord"?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 03:45 PM

Re: Plane crash

Quote:
Originally posted by zxrider
...If his plane was equipped with this feature, I wonder why he he didn't just "pull the cord"?
Panic makes you forget these things sometimes.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Yaz

well that chute is only in ideal conditions..

i visited where they are made.. and its nice and handy if ur in nice weather and u have an engine faliure.. but if ur past a certian speed.. it wont deploy..

or if ur in bad weather its actually safer to try n land urself..

but yah RIP..

and i was off today n when it happened i happen to be on base doin some paperwork.. and guess what i jus got home.. lol
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Yaz
well that chute is only in ideal conditions..

i visited where they are made.. and its nice and handy if ur in nice weather and u have an engine faliure.. but if ur past a certian speed.. it wont deploy..

or if ur in bad weather its actually safer to try n land urself..

but yah RIP..

and i was off today n when it happened i happen to be on base doin some paperwork.. and guess what i jus got home.. lol
OMG I was right by there. I work literally down the street. Yaz the weather was rainy and probably windy. You have to remember those tall buildings are pretty much canyone walls and there are all types of freaky weather conditions. But I saw two helos hovering and I am like wtf? For some it must be a flashback of 9/11. Its a shame when we are like thank God its an accident and not terrorist. RIP

'Tell the truth and shame the devil,' my mom used to say, but she forgot that sometimes you can't shame Mr. Splitfoot sober. The Irish know, but of course they're God's white ni##$rs and who knows, maybe they're a step ahead."

Beer, of course, is actually a depressant. But poor people will never stop hoping otherwise.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 06:32 PM

CNN had reported that other planes in the area had reported seeing it weaving in and out of buildings. He was also reportedly with his pilot trainer when this happened. RIP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode