Need help setting up trailer/ borrowing a trailer - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Need help setting up trailer/ borrowing a trailer

need a hand hookin up a trailer & hitch... and borrowing a trailer itself.

I found a bike for myself down in louisville KY. I also found a buyer for mine that is willing to meet me there. I no longer have access to my truck, so I'll be taking my moms PT cruiser. She just bought a mopar hitch a few weeks ago, so i'll put that on tomorrow, but I dont know hwo to wire it for lights... I need a hand.

I also need a trailer and a reciever for a 1 7/8" mount.

If anyone would please lend me a hand, I've had plenty of misfortune and I promise I'll be more than thankful. I will probably do this drive over NEXT weekend...but I need to set up the car and such this weekend.

thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 12:39 AM

gimme a call sometime on saturday, I'm down. wiring and stuff is pretty easy, but what kinda weight can you pull with a pt, no offence?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

rated at 1000 by the book, but I know it can do 2000, they probably just had some bitch make a warrantee claim because something stupid happened. Seems like every car they make is weighted stupidly...

i mean.... the old cherokee was rated at 5000 lbs. The wrangler withs ame powertrain and chassis was rated at 1500. They claim it was unstable at speed because of short wheelbase. Well not everyone tows crosscountry. I've learned not to pay close attention to those figures.

As an update:

I wouldnt mind using your dirtbike trailer Nick.

And if any of you want to make a trip down there with me, i"d enjoy the company. I feel bad dragging one of my normal friends down... normal=not a biker

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 07:42 AM

Do your self and your mother a favor and go to a trailer place and buy a plug in trailer light harness. That way you don't have to splice anything on your mothers car.

They are from $15 to $30 or so. Make sure you also get some Dielectric grease for the connection and the plug end and you will never have any problems even with our winters.

Oh and for the record the harness comes with instructions.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

I forgot to mention... the car is a lease, so I cant botch it up too bad. The hitch is a simple bolton, I know there's probably splicing involved in the wiring, but I dont really know where I would be splicing from
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Wiring Harness Website

is this for real? thats more than the hitch costed!!! what the fuck. is there a generic one I can use, or nayone have a hookup?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 07:45 PM

I was thinking something more like this light kit but I don't see one for a PT crusier.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 08:11 PM

I have a 3 place shorelander motorcycle trailer for sale if you or anybody else is interested. It's basically brand new.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode