So it is possible to wheelie a 93 ninja 6... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to xboxdynasty
So it is possible to wheelie a 93 ninja 6...

So I've been spending a little time in the stunters forums. My stuntlife account is messed up though I cant post I have like to permissions... any insight?

Anyway I've been reading and trying to get my bike up. At first I started just dumping the clutch but I had to go to like 10k to get it to hop at all and it was a little violent for my style.

So anyways I havent been getting anything out of slipping but I figured out I wasn't going from accelerating to slipping fast enough. The tutorial was like you probably wont get it up on the first try blah blah blah.

I tried it with the new insight and nearly shit myslef. The bike stood up so high the tank hit me in the stomach and I couldnt see the road in front of me anymore. wow what a rush.

I thought it was just my old bike 93 zx6 e1. not r1 just slow ass e1.

Before I get to much more into this what kind of bike protection should I look at. I dont even have frame sliders but I'm not sure how much they would help. As for cages do they do anything to protect the plastics or just the engine? I dont have a lot of money to be putting into it if I crash.

Oh an is it legal to stunt in private parking lots or do you have to have the owners permission or something like that. want to aviod the fuzz at all costs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 11:07 AM

I have no problems with my 89 ninja 600r. But with a 11 grand red line they dont last very long.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 11:34 AM

Re: So it is possible to wheelie a 93 ninja 6...

Quote:
Originally posted by xboxdynasty
I dont have a lot of money to be putting into it if I crash.
You mean when you crash right?

How about this, don't do something you cant afford to.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 11:37 AM

I'm not trying to be a dick, but here is the deal.

This isn't the forum to talk about stuff like that. Unless your talking about your dirtbike. (where it is somewhat legal)

And if someone on here gives you suggestions, then you go out and jack your self up and get hurt. The person that said something might actually feel bad.

Know what I mean?

Or you could go out to Royal Oak and talk to those A$$hats that Fox 2 News interviewed.

I'm sure they would be more than willing to help you out!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to xboxdynasty
Quote:
Originally posted by hellsnat
[B]I'm not trying to be a dick
It seems to me that you did a pretty good job of that. FYI a lot of redline members do wheelies so don't single me out because I was looking for advice.

Oh and legally that's why I am here to find out where it is legal and how to make it safer for the bike.

I am perfectly experienced with crashing and getting hurt. I got highsided off my bike and thrown 8ft down a ditch. Did I sue the construction company because their was gravel on the road... NO!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 12:08 PM

Wanna learn how to wheelie and not spend alot of money, or time in the hospital??? Buy my CRF50.. $1000 and alot less to lose...

Helsnat.....
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 12:11 PM

Quote:
It seems to me that you did a pretty good job of that. FYI a lot of redline members do wheelies so don't single me out because I was looking for advice.

Oh and legally that's why I am here to find out where it is legal and how to make it safer for the bike.

I am perfectly experienced with crashing and getting hurt. I got highsided off my bike and thrown 8ft down a ditch. Did I sue the construction company because their was gravel on the road... NO!
Wheelies are only legal on your own private property or private property owned by someone else with written permission (i.e. signed off waiver).

Buuuttt.. It seems like your pretty new to this whole sportbike thing, and given you have already crashed (whether there was gravel on the road or not) you should get a couple years under the belt before you risk wadding ass trying to learn wheelies.. Start small.....then go big.. not big, then go splat....
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 12:23 PM

Quote:
FYI a lot of redline members do wheelies so don't single me out because I was looking for advice.

His point is that there are certain things that should not be "Published" on a "messageboard" like "advice" on how best to "perform illegal activities". Not only do you not seem to get it, but you then decide to try and make even more friends by implicating the entire group.

Here's the bottom line, if you can't do a wheelie it's cause it's not time for you to do one

Thanks

Non-wheelying member of redline
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 12:30 PM

Lucky,

You dissapoint me! I was soooo waiting to read you busting on my spelling and grammer. LOL

There you go letting me down again!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FurryChoCha

It seems like your pretty new to this whole sportbike thing, and given you have already crashed (whether there was gravel on the road or not) you should get a couple years under the belt before you risk wadding ass trying to learn wheelies.. Start small.....then go big.. not big, then go splat....

As stated above, learn to ride your bike first. The wheelies will come in time and with experience. I've got 20 years on the road and still cant ride for shit with two wheels on the ground let alone one. Start with a dirt bike, a lot easier to learn on and a lot cheaper to repair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode