Nesba - Autobahn TrackDay! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 04:57 AM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
Thumbs up Nesba - Autobahn TrackDay!

WAS FABULOUS!

Nesba was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Autobahn Track was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

3.56 miles and 21 turns (everything from tight S's to hair pins to long fast taking sweepers and straight aways... ) LOVED IT! only problem is it's 8 - 9 hrs from ME!

We plan to hit it again next year when they do the full course again... those who go to Grattan REALLY need to go with us next time... it's well worth the drive and we can carpool out to save on gas.. I meet up with a couple others in Ohio and we pulled my big trailer with all of our bikes and it make it really nice

We got there and the track was wet but we went out anyways, then we got rained on but still rode 2 sessions in the rain - it was cool.. never did that in the rain before and it surely gave you more confidence in your tires. Couple turns were slick and the back end came out from under you a bit but the bike would quickly grab hold again and you were fine... then when we broke for lunch it was clearing up and we thought we were good to go but then the REAL storm came through and it was a gusher with lightening and all... we were just giving up on being able to go back out and had 2 of the 3 bikes loaded and then it cleared and again and the sun came out... so about 3:30 we were back on the track (after they dried it somewhat) and we were starten to be able to pick up the pace and was in heaven....

There were about 100 folks there (3 groups - 20 min sessions) excellent control riders and workers ... track was so big we never felt crowded one bit! by mid afternoon alot of folks gave up on the weather and left early (too bad too cuz they missed the best tracktime) there was about 40 of us left and they combined us intermediates and advanced so then we only had 2 groups and made the sessions 30 minutes...

I was worried I wouldn't be able to remember those 21 turns but after 1 or 2 sessions out it was like I had been there many times before... and you know what Trackoholics use to tell us - If you can ride Grattan you can ride anywhere - ?? THEY WERE RIGHT.... that track was so smooth and gorgeous it was definetly spoiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGE PROPS out to the old Trackoholics crew who apparently taught me more than I thought

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 06:45 AM

Photos please!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 06:52 AM

Yes! Pictures! Sounds like a blast!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
unfortunately there was no good viewing area from the pits to get photos track was too big to see any of it really from ground level... I did take a couple of the pits and that was it.. got home at 11:30pm last night so didn't download them from camera yet.. will try to tonight...

in the meantime here is an aerial view of the track...

E.
btw Metzler M-1's are freakin awesome in the rain! loved that tread going all the way to the edge they never could get warm though with the standing water and cooler temps so I didn't feel THAT confident in pushing them but I wasn't getting passed by anyone and I did manage to out run a few of the others out there
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aerialautobahn.jpg (777.9 KB, 35 views)

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 07:08 AM

E.

Glad to hear you guys had a great time. I'm in for next year, bummed that I had to cancel this year. I have a credit in my account earmarked for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode