Wheel Straightening??? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Wheel Straightening???

I'm looking for someone that can straighten wheels. I hit a BIG FUKKING POT hole and bent both rims on my bike. Don't really want to file an insurace claim, but I might have to. I didn't go down, and they still hold air, but both rims are bent on both sides. LOL.... I hate Michigan roads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 07:06 PM

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by v2win
Theese guys are up in Armada

http://www.framestraightsystem.com/Alloywheel.htm
They're arguably the best in town from what I hear.

I took mine to a local wheel straightening shop after a pothole hit. If you look close, you can see where they did the repair, but I don't feel any vibrations and I wouldn't be afraid to take it to the track.

Call around to local shops and ask if they'll do MC wheels. A few wouldn't and recommended the shop I went to (who I can't remember now, but their in Plymouth.) I think I paid $60 or something like that.

Kevin

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 01:54 PM
jackdrinker

There was a place in Fraser a few years ago called.. Um, I think "The Wheel Shop"....
They used to do custom widths also..

You should come out here.. The roads are freakin GREAT!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 04:27 AM

Re: Wheel Straightening???

Quote:
Originally posted by JesterRR
I'm looking for someone that can straighten wheels. I hit a BIG FUKKING POT hole and bent both rims on my bike. Don't really want to file an insurace claim, but I might have to. I didn't go down, and they still hold air, but both rims are bent on both sides. LOL.... I hate Michigan roads.
maybe you need a crash cage?

LOL
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 05:18 AM

I was talking to Kev and he mentioned he bent his wheel hitting a pothole too. Crazy!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 06:51 AM

Damn...glad you guys had the knowledge and skills to ride those out...

On a side note...I was hanging out with a bunch of car friends about 3 years ago in the shopping plaza at mound and M59. We were by the grocery store (can't remember if its a kroger or farmer jack) and all the sudden this guy on an older cruiser bike, bucket helmet, wearing boat shoes (no socks of course), khaki shorts and a button up shirt, with plastic grocery bag hanging from his bars comes flying across the parking lot. For those of u unfamilier with that lot, there are cement medians dividing the lot, like sidewalks. Apparently at this dusk time of night he couldn't see the one we were parked against and he was approaching quickly. long story short we got to see him fly about 15 ft in the air after the wheel taco'd like I've never even could've imagined, 1/2 gallon of soy milk sprayed across the parking lot. He admited he was trying to show off and had his wife come with the mini van to load the bike into...that was a prescious moment.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluto
I was talking to Kev and he mentioned he bent his wheel hitting a pothole too. Crazy!
Yea I sure did @ 696 & Mound..

Thanx for the info! Going to check out these guys http://www.framestraightsystem.com/Alloywheel.htm
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 09:35 AM

I have wheels with the guy from "framestraight" --- he is working about 3 weeks out. I hope to have at least one of the wheels back by this weekend (he will have had them for 3 weeks next Mon).

FYI ....He is moving out of state in the fall.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by old school
I have wheels with the guy from "framestraight" --- he is working about 3 weeks out. I hope to have at least one of the wheels back by this weekend (he will have had them for 3 weeks next Mon).

FYI ....He is moving out of state in the fall.
Figures another good resource is bailing the state.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

They told me to follow my dreams...Too bad they were all NiGhTmArEs!

AIM - poorboy721
Yahoo - e_donahue2001
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode