*read* Palace super-moto - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 06:51 PM
jackdrinker

*read* Palace super-moto

Venue change for Detroit AMA Supermoto event
June 26, 2006

AMA Pro Racing News Release

AMA Pro Racing announced today that the AMA Supermoto Championship presented by Parts Unlimited event scheduled for July 8 at the Palace of Auburn Hills has been moved to the Waterford Hills Road Racing Track in the Detroit, Michigan suburb of Clarkston on the same date.

According to AMA Supermoto Director Joel Grover a situation beyond the promoter’s control arose forcing the venue change. “While we certainly regret having to make a late change like this, we’re excited about the opportunity to race at Waterford Hills,” said Grover. “The Waterford Hills facility boasts a beautiful road course situated in a scenic setting. Plus, it’s located within minutes of the original venue so everyone’s travel and lodging plans won’t be impacted.”

Grover added that the facility will be hosting a promoter practice day on Friday, July 7.

Additional information will be released and posted on www.waterfordhills.com as it becomes available.

About AMA Pro Racing
AMA Pro Racing is the leading sanctioning body for motorcycle sport in the United States. Its properties include the Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series, the AMA Toyota Motocross Championship presented by FMF, the AMA Superbike Championship presented by Parts Unlimited, the AMA Ford Quality Checked Flat Track Championship and the AMA Supermoto Championship presented by Parts Unlimited. For more information about AMA Pro Racing, visit www.amaproracing.com. Accredited media outlets can also access AMA Pro Racing's online Press Room at www.amaproracing.com/pressroom.

http://www.amasupermoto.com/article....=1181&aid=8189
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 04:06 AM

That could be real good news...

Do you thing that Waterford Hills may be starting to open thier doors to bikes? It would be great to have a track in our backyard!

I've never been there, but I hear that there are some walls that wouldn't be to forgiving for bikes.

Kevin
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 05:40 AM
jackdrinker

I'm sure they will open the door to SMR's, full sliders including the pegs.. Sportbikes, ah, doubtful...
There is a huge difference between the two and they are only going use half the track plus the in-field...

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 919rider
That could be real good news...

Do you thing that Waterford Hills may be starting to open thier doors to bikes? It would be great to have a track in our backyard!

I've never been there, but I hear that there are some walls that wouldn't be to forgiving for bikes.

Kevin
I've been there for many automotive track days and driving schools and its definitely not a place I'd want to be going balls out on a bike at. It was the first track I ever drove at and just assumed that all tracks were similar...until I went out to Gingerman. Thats got to be about the safest/ease your mind kind of track I've ever seen. However at Waterford, I've seen Corvettes move the front wall 8", Audi A4 hit the gator strips and do a 180 into the front wall and have its trunk mount battery launch into the fence, a neon roll 2 times before it ended up in the swap (hence, swamp turn)...and that doesn't even count the tons of average race day wrecks for their WHRRI race series I used to help out with. They do have lots of little service cut offs through the infield, and a decent infiled with elevation changes so depending on how they set it up, it could be a sweet supermoto.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 06:20 AM

P.S. Looks like WHRRI was supposed to have an open track day on the 8th... we should all take these and see if they let us use them. It does say the 8th on the coupon as well!

CLICK ME! - - - Free Entry Coupon
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 04:59 PM

I wouldn't even run my SM's there - no runoff room. Glad I'm running the WERA races @ Nelson Ledges that weekend instead of trying to qualify for the AMA SM races there. I've crashed enough times to appreciate lots and lots of runoff room.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 03:11 PM

More info has been posted at www.detroitsupermoto.com including an arial view of how they plan to set up the track, a schedule of the days events and more. The map doesn't mean a whole lot if you're not familiar with the track, but I think it should be pretty sweet.

Tickets are $15...Anyone planning on going?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode