Anyone - Bueller? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Anyone - Bueller?

Anyone have a motard (any brand) or a WR/YZ450 in dirt trim that they'd like to lease out for a weekend??? Figure out a reasonable price for the wear and tear that I'll put on it, and if I crash, I buy. The engine builder fuqqed mine up (forgot to put piston pin circlips in...) and bike go boom this weekend after only 6 laps on the motor. Thought I had a loaner bike from a sponsor but their only bike is tied up with AMA practice as a B bike for the Palace round

I'm about to pull the 450 suspension, brakes and tires and bolt them onto Tanya's 06 WR250 since my 06 WR450 isn't in yet, but I figured I'd ask around. I don't need to win my 3 sprints this weekend, just finish 75% and cross the line under power to get my points for whatever place I come in. Just can't afford any DNS's since I'm regional and national points leader in all 3 classes and can't be missing any rounds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 08:37 AM

does it have to be very new?
what about a yz400?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 10:10 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
check with the cycleforum fellas on Homelandsportbike.. I know there is at least 2 or 3 KTM's on there...

from your area as well...

http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/fo...?s=&forumid=30

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

YZ400F would work, but i'd have to make sure that the wheelsets would mount up.

Actually the engine builder didn't screw up, when we pulled the motor apart we found the circlips in the bottom (one shattered, one intact). Apparently the stock rod couldn't handle the extra 45% power increase
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by icantslowdown

Actually the engine builder didn't screw up, when we pulled the motor apart we found the circlips in the bottom (one shattered, one intact). Apparently the stock rod couldn't handle the extra 45% power increase
Ill call my friend tonight and make sure he is interested and get you his contact info.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Quote:
Originally posted by icantslowdown

ouch ... sorry to hear that ... I assume it's NOT covered then

E.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

nope - definitely not covered. they cut me a serious break on the labor, and i get tanya's price on parts, so it'll set me back about $750 for labor and $600 for parts - not entirely that bad considering the amount of damage.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

well I would think that's the LEAST they could do considerin they should have known the stock rod couldn't handle it... but yeah better than being stuck for it all

good luck on gettin you a ride in time.. that blows that you thought it was all set Sunday to only have to relive the horror to get something else set up in time... if you look on the bright side.. at least that was one less worry you had to deal with DURING the trackday on monday...

E.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode