Frustation! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

Angry Frustation!

I'm starting to loose my patience w/insuring a liter-bike. In '03 when I bought my current bike, my Ins. company(Allstate) told me they wouldn't insure my new '03 GSXR1k, so I found another company that would. Wasn't cheap, maybe $1500yr-ish. Last year Allstate sends me a letter saying they will now insure me @ $560yr! Awesome, no brainer. This year I get my new bill....$1500! Faawk!
My wife calls my Allstate agent to ask why; the answer? "The only thing I can see that changed was that you moved from Clawson to Lapeer." WTF?!?! It should DROP moving to BFE, not triple! And by the way, I'm going to be 40 this year...I'm not a 21yr. old riding a liter-bike!
I'm growing weary of this yearly insurance shuffle. Actually considering selling... Maybe a smaller sport-bike, 750, no smaller(too fat for a 600!), or maybe a "standard" type bike like a Speed-Triple.
Anyone else wrestle w/this agony?
I need to be talked down from the ledge!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 05:35 AM

State farm is a no brainer for me. My 900 was under $300 for the year and my 600 is $250 right now. Last time I heard Allstate wasn't righting policies on sportbikes, but that was about 4 years ago
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedyZ
State farm is a no brainer for me. My 900 was under $300 for the year and my 600 is $250 right now. Last time I heard Allstate wasn't righting policies on sportbikes, but that was about 4 years ago
SF here too around $550 for my 12

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedyZ
Yeah, I'll have to try some other companies before I go & sell the thing. I did call StateFarm back in '03 when Allstae wouldn't cover me, but State Farm said I had to insure my cars there as well. The Auto insurance was actually higher, and the whole package, bike & cars was about the same(within $100yr).
I'm just getting so tired of calling around every year........
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 05:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by jjkGURU
SF here too around $550 for my 12
Were all talking full-coverage, right? Just so we're on the same page....
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by skids
Were all talking full-coverage, right? Just so we're on the same page....
Ya, but I have everything with them (bikes, house, car, sleds...) and it seems to work well as a package, i don't want my stuff at 2 or 3 different places
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 05:49 AM

Yeah full coverage and yes you have to have A car with them. When I first went to SF I put acar and the bike with them. I later (about a month sold the car and kept the bike with them for 2 years before I ended up switching all my cars and house to them.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by jjkGURU
Ya, but I have everything with them (bikes, house, car, sleds...) and it seems to work well as a package, i don't want my stuff at 2 or 3 different places
I wont do that either, I'll have all @ one place too. I've been w/this Insurance guy for 10 years. Hate to pull everything from him, but....gotta do what I gotta do!
Ten years & he's pulling this? Didnt even get a reach-around.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 05:56 AM

+1 for state farm. They got my bike ('05 liter $620/yr full coverage at 25), my truck, my house, also the truck loan, credit card and mortage. Rates arent always the cheapest (also close) but they will bend over backwords when I got some problem, instead of having to be put on hold 5 times a day.

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 06:02 AM

I have progressive. It is $375 for my 99 Busa.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode