MEMEBERS COME IN AND DISCUSS the tire machine and my review/problem and resolution - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
I like my bike like I like my girl - Nekkid

Send a message via AIM to 1badr6
MEMEBERS COME IN AND DISCUSS the tire machine and my review/problem and resolution

Ok, well thanks to Chuck i was able to come over tuesday night and use the machine, and have him teach me how. It works awsome, better than i expected.

I give a big thumbs up on removal of the tire machine, and the mounting of the tire machine. Once you do a few you can do it super fast. And also thanks chuck for haivng the air compressor in there for convieant and fast access. Also thanks for the shed, that iw asn't able to participate on working on.

I am going to one of the very frequant user's of this machine, with going through race tires quickly, and switching street tires, ill be there often that is for sure.

Ok here is the problem i have, it is with the balancer. If you have used the tire balancer or seen one you will understand where i am comming from. Ok the 2 cone delron pieces that slide on the bar, that slide inside the rim (rear is my problem) to hold it level on the balancer, those delron pieces are to small for the r6. So we had to use tape to build them up a bit so it would be able to slide and stop on the rim, i personally would not like to do this everytime i went over there. It gives an in accurate reading, and ill find out this weekend if it effected the actual balance if it vibrates me to death.

Chuck also mentioned the busa had the same problem, well with further analyzation and talking to chuck, he told me they have bigger ones that they offer for a price, and the price is a little hefty we both agreed, but would be well worth it.

After looking at the problem that only our 2 bikes had, i also know that the r1 rear rim has the same rear axel, so it is of the same size and it wont work either. Then i wanted to show why we needed this, so i went to the members page and figured out how many people would be affected by this, 11 people in the club, that are just on the members page would be effected by this.

The solution, I am more or less proposing the idea that we buy the "extra" piece so that we wont have a problem doing everyone's rims. My solution is to vote on it at the next meeting if everyone wants to sit down and talk dollar numbers for the piece, or so we wouldn't have to wait that long, do it via pm's. Maybe chuck and the treasurer can talk about how much money we have and the exact price of the part, i think chuck said $80. If people are concered then we can get a break down of it.

And if no one wants to be in charge of it, i will be in charge. This post is to gather interest and see what the MEMBERS of redline think about this.

Discuss, and sorry for the long post.

-Nick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 R6 AE
1969 Firebird
1996 Dodge Dakota (work truck)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 01:43 AM

If I could take a look at the cones, I might be able to get a new bigger set made, it shouldn't be that difficult. Can someone post up a link to the larger ones, or the stock ones for me to look at?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 03:07 AM

post a pic or something, I might be able to make one for ya nice and easy. ( if it is what I`m thinking )

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 04:20 AM

Dude...it is what...a .500" rod and a cone......80bucks WTF....... measure the OD of the rod....and the ID of your bearing and get it on here.......make them out of aluminum....delrin will start to score and you will get false readings.....
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 04:23 AM

yeah I think sonic or judge could do what we are looking for.
simple job on a lathe
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 04:23 AM

I can post a pic but it prolly won't be till tomorrow. The cones it came with are about 1" which is ok for most bikes but too small for rear busa axles and now R6's.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by almightys
yeah I think sonic or judge could do what we are looking for.
simple job on a lathe
Thanks Steve, With that much confidence, I surely wouldn't fly if I were you

But, it just let me off the hook, so I won't complain.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
I like my bike like I like my girl - Nekkid

Send a message via AIM to 1badr6
Well i also can get them made out of aluminuim if that is the case, i was looking for something a little nicer, and delron is some pretty tough stuff. So i thought that it would be more worth it to go that route.

But if you guys want alum. and thats fine, that could be done also.

-Nick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 R6 AE
1969 Firebird
1996 Dodge Dakota (work truck)

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 05:05 AM

Can you just use the axel and put the rod with cones in that?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 05:30 AM

Walt Schaefer +1 (256) 538-5906 has stepped cones which fit every size of wheel I.D. except for single-swingers. I bought a set from him at the Autobahn races and they certainly are the dogs bollocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode