Friggin' Banks - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Friggin' Banks

This is my rant du jour

So the last few days I'm out riding...when you ride you need to fill your tank. I almost always pay at the pump with my debit card. So I'm looking at my online bank statement and low and behold... you get charged each time you insert your card into the gas pump island. I show a charge of $1 each time I use the pay at the pump feature. There is no debit or credit feature on those things. Whey the eff is it using debit by default and charging me for it. It may not seem like a lot of cash. But if you add all that up, all the times I top off because I'm at a gas station or topping off for the eff of it. For instance, I usually top off at the gas station before I go home for the day. Then the bike is put away with a full tank when I'm ready to ride it next. There are days that I use the pay at the pump feature 5-6 times. Saturday for example I filled up 5 times. So these charges coupled with exhorbanent gas prices seem to me a bit ridiculous.

In the past I have tired using like Mobil speed pass. Great idea, but you can only use the speedpass like twice in a 24 hour period. It is a safety feature that they will not bend on. This was a few years ago. The distances I ride and the places I go, who knows what gas station is near. So getting a store specific card is ridiculous. I don't have any charge cards...don't need them. Looks like I have to get a credit card, use it only for fuel, then pay that effer off at the end of the month. I need another monthly bill like I need a hole in my head.

Makes me wonder who is giving to me harder...the damn banks or the dam oil companies.

My rant is done. Please continue with your regularly scheduled post whorring.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
I would question your bank on that Doc... I used my debit card religously till I got a world perks visa (love those free flights) and I NEVER got charged to a fee to use it at a pump

Maybe changing your checking account to another checking program or changing to another bank is the answer instead of getting a credit card...

Also if it's just because they process it as a debit .. chose the credit key instead of debit on the pump....???

See aren't you glad you didn't have to pay at the pump Sat now

xoxo
E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamRyder
I would question your bank on that Doc... I used my debit card religously till I got a world perks visa (love those free flights) and I NEVER got charged to a fee to use it at a pump

Maybe changing your checking account to another checking program or changing to another bank is the answer instead of getting a credit card...

Also if it's just because they process it as a debit .. chose the credit key instead of debit on the pump....???

See aren't you glad you didn't have to pay at the pump Sat now

xoxo
E.
I use LaSalle Bank (formally Standard Federal Bank), they're huge; not like a small time bank or credit union (wherein may lie the problem). There is no credit/debit option on pay at the pump. If I'm not mistaken the World Perks is a credit card through US BANK, my corporate credit cards are World Perks. I've also called LaSalle Bank and inquired. They are saying because it is being used as a debit transaction, I get charged. That is my point...why is it defaulted as a debit transaction with no choice of credit? If it is a credit transaction there is no extra charge above the original purchase amount, according to LaSalle Bank.

LOL...that lack of pay at the pump stuff is kind of funny. We as city slickers are so used to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 06:15 PM

I vote get a new bank. I use my debit card and don't get charged anything.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluto

+1
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluto
Word.

Charter One seems to be calling my name.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 07:59 PM
jackdrinker

Huntington charges me a fee if I pay with debit, BUT, if I use it as Visa, no charges... I found this out after $20 in charges..
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 08:39 PM
I like my bike like I like my girl - Nekkid

Send a message via AIM to 1badr6
After you saying you had lasalle i just checked my online statement and im not getting charged a dollar?

Thats wierd, i don't ever get charged for using it.

-Nick

2006 R6 AE
1969 Firebird
1996 Dodge Dakota (work truck)

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 09:32 PM

I have National City and I have never been charged extra.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DocThee
Word.

Charter One seems to be calling my name.
By supporting them, you're supporting me, thanks! Charter One is our biggest customer for flying cancelled checks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode