Lacrosse Anyone? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Lacrosse Anyone?

We were at Stoney today and the kids were playing Lacrosse. Dakota (my 6 year old) is really getting the hang of it and loves to play. I played for 4 years in high school but boys and girls rules are completely different. I want him to learn the "boys" way to play so I'm signing him up for a camp. Is anyone else interested? The age group I'll have him in is 1st grade through 4th grade. It's an entry level type camp where they will learn the basics like craddling, scooping, throwing, shooting, catching, etc. There is no contact allowed (yet!) and there is no need to buy equipment because LTC provides everything. Anyway, I've sent an e-mail to them requesting more info and to see if there are any more openings. If they do have openings still, would anyone be interested in registering with us? If they don't have spots left for the camp, they do offer private, semi private and small group lessons. It's only for 10 hours (I believe for 1 week) but the price for the small group $145.00 I'm still getting info for this but I just trying to get a feel for who is interested.

If I find that the info I posted was off, I'll edit. But, this is what I have right now.

INFO:

http://www.lacrossetc.com/ (click on camps & leagues OR private lessons)

Address: Schoolcraft College
Dates: 06/23/2006 - 06/25/2006 2pm-6pm
07/21/2006 - 07/23/2006 9am-1pm
Type: Co-ed grades 1-4
Cost: $185.00

Post up or PM me for more info.

Pics from today!

Jen

Last edited by 636Jen; 06-11-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 07:54 PM

I cant believe how young they start these kids out now days.. I played 4 years of it in high school and you never heard of it for kids younger than 13 or 14 back then.. Now they have all of these kids leagues and club teams every where...My brother is 12 and has already been playing for about 2 years.. Its awesome... Its a fun sport to be a part of.. Especially when you get to high school and start competing in state wide tournaments and stuff...

Good luck with it!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode