Deals Gap!!!!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

Deals Gap!!!!!!!

Well guys, in just a few hours we'll finish packing up the bikes on teh wonderful James trailer, and then we're off! wooooooooo hooooooooooo! I'll take lots of pictures for ya!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 07:55 AM

first time going?
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 03:29 PM

Have a great time! Hope you don't add to this...

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 03:32 PM

Ah tree of shame...all bow.

Matt I saw your video...awesome job man per usual.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 12:56 PM

I was just there a two weeks ago... actually all over GA for the most part, and just a quick trip to the Gap.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

well, this was the first time I could get a connection to the internet since I got here. A few things. Yes, its my first time. The wireless is hooked up do a dialup modem.. haha.

first things first. I came with 2 guys that rode from montreal. They slept at my place saturday, and we came down sunday. Sleeping in teh durango sucked. we have these REALLY ewird bites all over. They're like extremely small mosquito bites, but they're all over. I have maybe 16 between my wrist and my elbow just on one hand. The two guys were from kawiforums.com, but one rides a raven r1. he came down for the r1 convention, and holy god there's a ton of them. I think right now, at this very moment there's in the nieghborhood of 65 parked in the street outside the cabins, and there are 2xx registered.

We ran the cherohala skyway sunday, and it was an AMAZING road. you guys were right that you cant go wrong with any road around here, but its so twisty its annoying to drive a car. the a pillars get in teh way. skyway is maybe a 45, or 50mph, and I saw triple digits with no worries of going off. I was in a pack of 16 bikes, one guy just stood it up, staright into a sweeping right. It was teh nicest r1 in the pack, raven with carbon fairings, seat, screen, etc etc etc. The front clip is somewhere int eh mountains, but it was ridable back. we putted back towards town, a 2 hour ride back, and we got the slow down from a LOT of bikes comin up. sure enough, the rest of the pack that didnt see the first wreck got in one themselves. This one was BAD. a decreasing radius right, and one guy just lowsided from what it looked like. the bike went and lodged under the guard rail. the subframe ripped the gastank right off, and was sitting above the front wheel...imagine that. the guy was laying about 30 feet away on his back with a towel. he bounced off the rail. ended up getting airlifted somewhere. broken pelvis, they dont know if he's going to walk again. needless tosay we came back and ditched the bikes for the rest of the night. No recks today, we jdust ran the gap 4 times, and ran to another country to get boozy, since this is a dry county. i think its stupid because i dont drink, but hwatever, it was a fun journey. the gap is very cool. very very cool. I was worried before i came that it was a ROAD... no track day, you cant trust anthing etc. well, they keep it in very good shape. there are no gravel in the 11 miles, and no really sketchy turns.

this is just an amazing vacation. the first day was a little sketchy, but al in all, i have a cool cabin, cool guys here, everyone is so nice, and i cant wait to ride for the rest of the week. enjoy the shitty michigan weather, roads, and lack of turns..
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 07:26 PM

Glad to hear that you had a great time and made it back safely!

Sorry to hear about those who had some difficulty at the Gap.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
Quote:
Originally posted by fasterbusa
Glad to hear that you had a great time and made it back safely!

Sorry to hear about those who had some difficulty at the Gap.
he's not back.. he's replying from the Gap... from what I read he's there all this week...

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

you got it E. smart gal

here till saturday, sunday drivin home.

I want to say I officially own my bike now. I bought it with 2300 miles on it, and i just crossed over 4700, so i put half this life on. hehe.

hopefully no more wrecks this week, this is an r1 convention, thos fuckers are expensive when they wreck..

ironic though, the 05 is my dream bike.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 09:05 PM

Glad you're having such a great time. Both the Dragon and Cherohala are awesome, hey? Shame about the wreck. Hopefully, the guy will come out of it in better shape than predicted.

BTW, if you're going to do it in a cage, you need one of these...

...like we did. As you can tell, by the background, it was a bit cold when we were there!

Take it easy, keep it rubber-side-down and don't forget to post pic's of your trip!

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode