Sportbike World banner

Guys who have girls who like bikes be warned

3K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  cookeetree 
#1 ·
Have a look at the attached file. Its a funny, yet typical story about a guy whos gf was into bikes.

Attachments

#3 ·
Is that really a "typical" scenario? Girl likes bike and everything is great...girl doesn't get as much attention 2 weeks down the road....girl resents bike (and You).... you break up?

I've tried dating guys who don't ride...and it sucks. They get jealous that you're going out with the "guys" and I'm sure it's the same for the guys.....they are getting shit about going out with their boys and getting accused of picking up girls. (which may or may not be true!) I really think that you have to date someone who rides their own for it to be successful....someone who understands the NEED to go ride and someone who understands the NEED to just be out there, seperate from your significant other where you each have your seperate riding friends but also have a group where you both ride together.

I dunno...I just think it's so much easier when both partners ride their own bikes. Those who ride together, stay together? :)

Jen

#4 ·
Agreed

I see what you are saying. When it is a common hobby things do work better. With that being said, my past experiences has mirrored this guys. My girl loved my bike at first till here agenda didn't allow for it. So it may have been a little extreme to say this is typical. Sorry if I offended any Ladies that are true to the sport. Now posers are another story.

#6 ·
Well i must say, i find it funny (the post that is). .. i was married once and he didnt ride sportbikes that is.. he had a chopper, i should of known right from the start it was going to be a problem. We both had sleds i have a 900 he had a 700 another problem for him, he was jealous of a girl who can ride both toys better than him and can hang with the boys. Scary part is men always claim to want a girl who is into hp toys,,, well either you love us girls who are or you become pissed that we can ride next to you and not behind you crying to wait for us...
I do believe that you have to have your own bikes and your own group of friends.. IM not from Det. but im from Syracuse NY and i am in a girl club, we all ride together, and have a blast. Dont get me wrong we also ride with the fellas, and have just as much fun. just my 2 cents..
*does a stoppie and waves bye*

#8 ·
I think that a little friendly competition within a common hobby is nice....but it's bad when someone's head is too big. If someone has the attitude that they are better than everyone else, things will never work out. If someone constantly brags about how good they are, how fast they go, how much better they are then so-n-so, then egos get in the way of the relationship and it's doomed from the start...even friendships. Besides, if you have skills, you never have to say a word! I would HATE to try something new just for my hubby or b/f to say, "Yeah, but look what *I* can do." Doesn't matter if it's water skiing, jet skiing, riding....Everyone wants to be recognized. :D

Jen

#9 ·
my girl doesn't ride, and she hates being on the back of my bike going faster than 25mph. The only way I can keep her happy is to make sure that she has something else to do while I'm riding, out at bike night in royal oak, or otherwise. THe only time she gets pissy is when I go off riding and she's left sitting at home with her parents.

#11 ·
sodamninsane said:
my girl doesn't ride, and she hates being on the back of my bike going faster than 25mph. The only way I can keep her happy is to make sure that she has something else to do while I'm riding, out at bike night in royal oak, or otherwise. THe only time she gets pissy is when I go off riding and she's left sitting at home with her parents.
If your married and she dont like to ride, that just frees up your spendin cash for your hobby.:p

#12 ·
well that sucks bro, cant be in a relationship like that if u wanna ride, think about if your married, it wont work.

my recent ex, some of u know her (crystal), well we dated for 2 and a half years. she was around when i got into street bikes. she HATED it at first, and she thought i was gonna hurt myself (i did) and she hated that i wanted to go ride all the time. but i bought her gear and she started riding with me, then she really liked it. but still like if i went anything over like 75 she would squeeze me really hard to try and get me to stop, and like she would always ask when we were gonna be done and stuff, which just is so annoying. so like she kinda enjoyed riding, but not enough.

now the new girl, she loves it. my bike is the first shes been on, and she cant get enough. one day who knows maybe she'll ride her own (if im even with her that long lol). plus the new girl, if she cant go riding with me, instead of begging me to come over and putting a guilt trip on me, she tells me to go ride. just the other day it was either go see her or go ride with my roommate, and she was like "just go ride, have fun, ill be seeing you tomorrow" and just on the fact that she respects that i want to ride all the time is a huge turn on, and even more of a turn on is she loves being on the bike, and she loves going fast on it too!

#15 ·
jjkGURU said:
Thanks doll. I smell another trainwreck! Who's in? Plus we'll go through Canadia, so there's another chance for Yaz to pick up the customs chick :laughing:
:cheers: <I'll lead the pack
good call on you leading the pack!! (brownie points) . can we ride in the back on way back to Det.? Get off the beaten path... lol Jokin luv! :p

#16 ·
R1-girl said:
good call on you leading the pack!! (brownie points) . can we ride in the back on way back to Det.? Get off the beaten path... lol Jokin luv! :p
Back away from the crackpipe. ;)

#20 ·
TexasRF said:
Poor guy.

I won't ever ride like a dumbazz and get myself hurt.
says the guy with a 937cc bike and stunt-geared sprockets, lol

just messin with u man, my first bike was a rf900, i loved that thing, and everybody always asked me what it was, it was ahead of its time i think and very rare to see. i also loved the integrated signals and all, and the style was pretty good for a bike like that.

#23 ·
Exactly Jane!! I was trying to go there with that. Having a common hobby and meeting under those circumstances. Then the common hobby has new meaning!

Success stories happen like Me and Clay...met out on McNichols Ave in June of 1998 at midnight while racing!

Jane and Lucky met riding in a group.

Are there any other successful partnerships out there due to a riding hobby?

Jen

#25 ·
Neller0414 said:
ive had plenty of very successful partnerships due to a riding hobby jen...just not riding motorcycles...if you know what i mean.

u had to see that one coming!
#1, some of respected the fact that was an obvious reply. :rolleyes:

#2, couldn't have been all that successful based on already having plenty of them by your age ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.