06 midweight ss shootout - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

06 midweight ss shootout

im not even going to say anything to start any bickering on the boards....but i might jump in if i see some!

all i have to say is hmmm... not what i (and everybody ive talked to pretty much) expected...

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...ID=3301&Page=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:37 AM
I like my bike like I like my girl - Nekkid

Send a message via AIM to 1badr6
Thats the street shootout, look at the track shootout.

-Nick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 R6 AE
1969 Firebird
1996 Dodge Dakota (work truck)

post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:51 AM

Daytona 675

The Triumph Daytona 675 won the Motorcyclist magazine middleweight shootout as well. Apparantely, it is one helluva bike. I for one am very glad to see something "different" win for a change. Aside from it's appeal as being a unique product offering, the bike stands on it's own merits. Versus the Japanese 600 fours, it is the lightest bike in the class, clocks the quickest quarter mile, makes more torque, has a competitive level of horsepower, (more than the CBR and GSXR, less than the R6) competitively priced, and is by far- the best looking bike of the bunch.

What's not to like? If I were shopping the middleweight class, this would be the bike I'd buy.

Congratulations to Triumph for finally building a competitive bike, and for doing so by "going their own way."

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

yes...but i, along with most people here, ride street. no doubt the track shootout is a complete 180 degree turn. once im finished reading all this one, ill make my way to the track one.

dont worry nick, im sure your r6 smokes the rest on track!
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Re: Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally posted by zxrider
The Triumph Daytona 675 won the Motorcyclist magazine middleweight shootout as well. Apparantely, it is one helluva bike. I for one am very glad to see something "different" win for a change. Aside from it's appeal as being a unique product offering, the bike stands on it's own merits. Versus the Japanese 600 fours, it is the lightest bike in the class, clocks the quickest quarter mile, makes more torque, has a competitive level of horsepower, (more than the CBR and GSXR, less than the R6) competitively priced, and is by far- the best looking bike of the bunch.

What's not to like? If I were shopping the middleweight class, this would be the bike I'd buy.

Congratulations to Triumph for finally building a competitive bike, and for doing so by "going their own way."
i agree, and its price tag is whats amazing to me. if i were to go out and buy a brand spankin new bike (the gix i just bought has 142 miles...) id be all over that triumph! just them talking about the exhaust notes makes my pants tight!
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:59 AM

I have said it before in a lot of other posts, the triumph is the bike to have if you are a street rider, or just a trackday rider.

When they do tests on street bikes, torque has everything to do with a street bike, i myself would buy a litre bike if i only rode on the street. Whats not to like about have a shit load of torque and a lot of power? YOu can ride around in any rpm and have power, not like a 600cc bike.

I love my bike and i am very partial to yamaha. I don't think there is another bike that can touch the 6 on the track completely stock.

Just my opinion.

-Nick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 R6 AE
1969 Firebird

post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by linkinpark0726
I don't think there is another bike that can touch the 6 on the track completely stock.

hell id agree with that too just from looking at the dyno sheets. the high rpm power is sick. my guess is it gets #1 in track shootout. hopefully the gix is still up there on the track too, i was actually surprised at its high street rating, since the gix is usually considered a track bike over a street bike.

lets see what honda does next year, and i bet kawi will make some changes too since they sucked balls (figuratively speaking) this year (i still love those 636's though!)
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 01:15 PM

Kawi needs to get rid of the extra 36 cc's and see what that bike is all about. I mean they have had the extra 36cc's forever and thats the only thing holding them up. It makes a big difference.

But yea kawi and honda better come out with a new bike next year.

Honda is so far behind, but we will see.

-nick

2006 R6 AE
1969 Firebird

post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 03:14 PM
jackdrinker

They do have a bike minus 36CC.. It's the zx-6RR...
Suck balls, riiight... Far from it
Bike to beat, no quirks and top notch fit and finish...
Everyone talks about the yami has this and the zuk has that, BUT, Kawi has had all that gear for some years now..
Coming from a Ducati and then a Honda, I can tell you this...
The bike is awesome on the street.. My wrist never cramp and arms never pump... The bike is straight and true and only goes where I want it... Doesn't weigh anything..
My ONLY beef is the windscreen... Nothing a $60 screen cant fix..
No need for pipes and PCIII's..... Would not surprise me one bit if the CC's are bumped to 650 or 675 for next year and come with a damper ALA 10R
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 04:20 PM

I have heard nothing but bad things from the 6rr, especially the 03-04 the motor was a piece. Its underpowered just like the honda, i rode a 06 zx6r and i found the power nice and smooth but it feals like a boat. Just me tho.

-Nick

2006 R6 AE
1969 Firebird

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode