Next time you're at the beach, and you see a runaway umbrella, do your best to get in - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

Wink Next time you're at the beach, and you see a runaway umbrella, do your best to get in

http://www.1010wins.com/pages/36721.php
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 04:37 AM

Caliano-Bahaj said the lifeguards gave her oxygen and contained the bleeding. She said she received 13 stitches for the head cut and has made more than 100 medical visits for a neck injury caused by the umbrella blow.

100 visits to a doctor??

Jen
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 05:02 AM Thread Starter

10 or less visits to the doctor wouldn't justify that sort of lawsuit.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 08:35 AM

Bye Bye public beaches. "It doesn't matter who's umbrella it was, it is the beaches fault" - that is so f'ed up. Lawsuits like this are going to close beaches, parks, anything public really. Either that or you will have to fill out 20 minutes of paperwork to enter these kind of places... This place is making me sick, F it, i'm going to move to Canada.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 08:53 AM

more stupid lawsuits that do nothing but cost people money, what is the world coming to. It used to be hey, if someone drops a brick on your head, you probably should have been watching where u were going, now it's sue the brick, the guy laying the brick, the company that made the brick... jesus... you have health insurance for your damn visits to a doctor for a reason, whats the law suit for? Pride? someone needs to take that lawyer and that woman out back and beat them both with the umbrella.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 10:24 AM

I think you all are missing the big picture...

Quote:
Phyllis Caliano-Bahaj, 53, who lives on Manhattan's Lower East Side, said she was watching her 8-year-old son Zachary
She is 53 with an eight year old son... I feel sorry for the father, and the kid.

I also agree that the law suit is damn stupid.

Sepias
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 10:58 AM

I am just amazed to see a frivilous lawsuit article without the words "Jefferey" and "Fieger"...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode