2006 gsxr600, any of you been on one yet? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

2006 gsxr600, any of you been on one yet?

so i can get a hell of a deal on a practically brand new one, only has 140 miles. is it worth the extra cash im gonna spend over my zx6r? i love the zx6r, but its an 04 with almost 5k and for not a lot more money (less than $2g more) i can have this 06 new gix6. if any of you have been on one, i would really appreciate your input. all i have to go off of is reviews and road tests.

gixxers have never been on the top of my list, but i know the new one is supposed to be awesome...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 07:31 AM
I like my bike like I like my girl - Nekkid

Send a message via AIM to 1badr6
Where have you heard its awsome? So far i havent' even see the gixxer place 2nd in a magazine.

I have ridden an 06 gixxer 600 just last week. Although it feals very different than my 06 r6, i just feel like it lacks in the handleing dept. I rode it around it felt alright nothing compaired to my r6.

Im not sure what else you need to know, if you want something specific about it let me know, i just felt like it wasnt' that great of a machine.

The Gear indicator gets a big in my book tho.

Comon 5k? who cares, there is 29k on my 00 r6, and i hit 2k on my 06 r6 this past week.

-Nick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 R6 AE
1969 Firebird
1996 Dodge Dakota (work truck)

post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 07:56 AM
jackdrinker

You should spend more time riding, less time talking about and selling bikes... My opinion...
A word about Suzuki street bikes...
I feel the handling is dull and slow... Sketchy geometry and thus why a damper is used...

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 08:19 AM

Can't speak for the 600 but I rode a 1000 and as stated above the handling was sluggish.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

They told me to follow my dreams...Too bad they were all NiGhTmArEs!

AIM - poorboy721
Yahoo - e_donahue2001
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 08:55 AM

Plus i think its really gay making the 600, 750, and 1000 all look the same, lots of r&d in that one.

Just my 2 cents even tho you probably don't care

-Nick

2006 R6 AE
1969 Firebird

post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by linkinpark0726
Plus i think its really gay making the 600, 750, and 1000 all look the same, lots of r&d in that one.

Just my 2 cents even tho you probably don't care

-Nick
Well, Iif Suzuki still lived at home they wouldn't have to exercise smart business practices
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by jackdrinker
You should spend more time riding, less time talking about and selling bikes... My opinion...
A word about Suzuki street bikes...
I feel the handling is dull and slow... Sketchy geometry and thus why a damper is used...
hmm yeah cause ive only put 2500 miles on my zx6r in 5 weeks...not enough riding i guess. oh not to mention i only made $4800 profit (not net sales, profit) in the last month and a half selling bikes. i guess i should dumb it down huh.

ive been looking up road tests, even though there arent that many, but everything i have seen so far really likes the gix6, is the 06 600 shootout from cycle world out yet? i normally find their shootouts very informative.

and nick i wasnt commenting that my bike has a lot of miles, i know 5k is nothing, but 142 miles is brand new.

headlight, i heard that about the 1000. i was hoping the lighter 600 would be a little more agile.

nick, i really like what they did with the looks, but gixxers have always looked all similar, and atleast now there is a pretty definite difference in the 600/750 style and the 1000, though i do agree still similar. i do like the 600/750 better than the 1000 though.

so i mean yeah i can look at road tests, etc, but i was just wondering who has been one one, and if you have then have you been on a 636 and how do you feel they compare. i basically am wondering if its a step up to go to an 06 gix or stick with my 04 636, cause i like both bikes about equal to the extent of my limited knowledge on the new gix, basically its the whole brand new factor for not a lot more money that is really pulling me towards it.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 09:31 AM

Like i said, if you want specific questions answered let me know, cause that i can do. I personally would stay with the 636, from riding a friends, and riding the new gixxer, i like the 636 feal.

Man chris you have all the comments, im sorry im 20 years old am working almost full time and go to school full time that i don't have a house of my own yet . Give it less than a year and i will focker.

I know your a suzuki fan, but i just think its funny, they pretty much design 1 bike, build it if it works, the next year they put the 750 and 600 motor in almost the exact same frame, and then put the same bodywork on it and throw out a bike. And that is why suzuki's 600's blow. They spend all their money on the 1000, and it shows, that bike is from what i heard a killer bike (other than all the frames cracking).

Do what ever you want nate, like i said i have ridden all the 600's except the 675 and i fuckin want to so bad. If you have specific questions i can answer them.

And i think the gixxer 600 is slow, i was pulling friend of mine on the straight by quite a bit, and i am a easy 60lbs heavier than he is.

Also what magazine says they like the gix 600? I have read a lot of them and that bike has only been in the top 2 one magazine, the rest it is 2nd to last to the honda 600rr.

-Nick

2006 R6 AE
1969 Firebird

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 09:38 AM

I'll go against the crowd on this one - you seem to want to hear good reviews so you can justify getting it. If it's 2 yrs newer, not much more, and you want it - just buy the f-ing thing. Just report back to us with a comparison between the two.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jjkGURU
I'll go against the crowd on this one - you seem to want to hear good reviews so you can justify getting it. If it's 2 yrs newer, not much more, and you want it - just buy the f-ing thing. Just report back to us with a comparison between the two.
I think you sould save your money keep the 636, and if you want new probably buy the 07 636.

I gave a good review, only thing i can say better than my 06 r6 that the gix has is a gear indicator.

-Nick

2006 R6 AE
1969 Firebird

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode