Would you take it - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Would you take it

gas station mess up

Now i've given back wallets i've found (yes, without taking any of the cash out) but i'd tell the gas station to go to hell if they only charged me $.002/gal, then wanted the difference back later.
As a bonus, I also would like to punch the lady that went inside and told them...

Seriously, if they somehow knew how to find you and asked for the rest of the $, would you do it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 08:57 AM

well I pay with a credit card so I'm sure they'd find me in a hurry... but yeah they can go f* themselves as far as me paying them back. I might cut a deal at say meeting them half way if it was gas for the bike (would be about 5 bucks ) or maybe %25 if it was for the car ($40 fill up so maybe 10 bucks )

But if they never called, I wouldn't say anything, and yeah that lady should get donkey punched.

edit: go figure the guy at fault was driving an escalade. guess thats one way to make it cheaper than a hybrid.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 09:01 AM

i wouldnt pay, how could they make you? they sold gas for that price. its like at wal-mart, if a product is mismarked, they have to sell it to you for that price. same with gas, it was mismarked so they have to sell it for that. it doesnt matter who did it, the fact is the employees couldnt catch it soon enough and so innocent people got some cheap gas, but its not their fault at all. its the stations fault for not realizing it, and its the guys fault that rigged it.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 09:26 AM

Why couldn't that have happened where WE live!!! I didn't see where they were asking to have people pay it back....but I wouldn't!

Jen
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 09:31 AM

Am I the only one what get a report of a guy rigging the pump for free gas? From the reply's I'm guessing so...

Sepias
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 09:33 AM

This one time my truck was running out of gas so I pulled up to an old gas station (the only one in range). The pumps were obviously the same once used to by noah to fill up the tanks on his arc. Anyways, I start filling up, but I had to mess with the "trigger" a few time to get it to start. A few minutes into it, the pump numbers stop moving. I figure it stopped for no reason, then realize that gas is still pumping, just not being counted. So I got a full tank of gas for something like $8. Kept going back to that station a few times, but never could get it to do it again.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 09:37 AM

Quote:
The suspect is a recent college graduate with a degree in accounting.
Figures it was a bean counter, oh yeah and by the way HELL NO I WOULDN'T PAY THEM BACK!!! Like was said above if a store misprices an item that is called scanner law, they have to sell that item for the price marked.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

They told me to follow my dreams...Too bad they were all NiGhTmArEs!

AIM - poorboy721
Yahoo - e_donahue2001
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

I couldn't figure out what the hell some of you were talking about - I liked the wrong page

here's the right one
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 10:01 AM

Quote:
woman went into the store and told the clerk what was going on, showing her receipt for a few cents for several gallons of gas. That woman offered to come back into the store later Tuesday to pay the difference.

Ugh, some people make me want to . Me? I would have filled up both cars, both bikes, the jet skis and all the kids toys!! Hell, I'd even bring the lawn mower and a couple 5 gallon tanks to fill up before I would tell anyone! But, that's me.

Jen
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by HOSEA-4-v6
COMING SOON TO EVERY GAS STATION.........

pre-pay only on all pumps .

http://www.assaultweb.net/cgi-bin/ul...;f=42;t=032771
I guess this winny ass doesn't own a debit card or doesn't know how to pay at the pump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode