Cop speaks out against bikers - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Question Cop speaks out against bikers

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46872

Quote:
Personally, I can't stand the bikes. I think that they (as a group in general) have little regard for traffic law and safety. AND I always try to slap them with tickets whenever I can.
Here's another highlight:

Quote:
and i dont have problems with ppl who ride the harleys or what not, ive never had them run from me, its the ppl who are on the performance bikes who know they can get away 90% of the time
They even joked about doing this: http://www.break.com/index/3lanes.html
if a biker pisses you off.

I know there are stupid people out there riding around but doesn't it sound like some of these guys are looking for anyone on a bike?

Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 05:51 PM

Most of the cops I know have no problem with sportbikes or riders, only with stupid riders who do stupid things... and I think you'll find most of the people on "cop forums" are not really cops but wannabes...
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 06:08 PM

There are bad apples in ever walk of life including harley rider and police officer.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 06:13 PM

saying all sportbikers is no differant than saying all black people or all white people. It not true, its never true, people from all walks of life ride all kinds of bikes.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 06:28 PM

Wasn't there a recent post here about an Oklahoma State Trooper who rides a Hyabusa as a cop bike? That technicially makes him a sportbike rider. He's not riding that to try to keep up with the squids. He's riding that because he likes sportbikes. Get a Harley cop on a sportbike like that thinks he'll be able to keep up, he gets into a high speed chase with another sportbike, I wouldn't think the Harley rider would know how to handle the bike and hurt himself. I personally think that trooper is a deep down sportbike guy. Not all cops hate sportbikes. A very good friend of mine is a cop in Galveston, Texas. She's pretty much a sister to me. When I bought my R6 about 5 years ago, she fell in love with it, and was considering getting one like it for patrol. Unfortunately I had to talk her out of that one. She doesn't have any experience, and has a family now. I also know a cop in Kerrville, Texas who rides an R6 also. I think that this cop complaining about us as a group is just a lame ass cop who wished he actually had a sportbike for himself. He probably wishes he could even ride a wheelie.

"The good, & the evil; there never really is one without the other...!?"
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 07:04 PM

A buddy and I just got pulled over on Sunday. He said he just wanted to make sure my buddy had his training permit. I asked him why just him and not me. He said because by running my plate he could tell I had my motorcycle license, but a training permit nothing shows up. Well after talking to him for while because he told us he rides a bike, he told us that 6 out 10 sportbikers will not have a motorcycle license and will not even have insurrance. Im not saying he is telling the truth but I just wanted to put that out there to see what you all think.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by berettaready8
A buddy and I just got pulled over on Sunday. He said he just wanted to make sure my buddy had his training permit. I asked him why just him and not me. He said because by running my plate he could tell I had my motorcycle license, but a training permit nothing shows up. Well after talking to him for while because he told us he rides a bike, he told us that 6 out 10 sportbikers will not have a motorcycle license and will not even have insurrance. Im not saying he is telling the truth but I just wanted to put that out there to see what you all think.
To be honest with you, the first three years of my riding, I rode without a license. Found out the hard way that I needed one.

"The good, & the evil; there never really is one without the other...!?"
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 07:39 PM

I had an incident last year in Southfield where a woman completely cut me off and there happen to be a Southfield cop right there. He pulled her over and wrote her a ticket. After we were talking and he said he doesn't even really care about he speed, it's the wheelies, cutting in and out of traffic that makes him pull a sportbike over.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

They told me to follow my dreams...Too bad they were all NiGhTmArEs!

AIM - poorboy721
Yahoo - e_donahue2001
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by berettaready8
Yeah I can see that. This girl I know rode her bike for two years with no license. She was one of the main reasons for getting me a bike. But even before I found this site I wanted to do things right. Getting my own gear then taking the MSF course. Hopefully I can get my own bike for Christmas
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 03:24 AM

i just had my 600rr inspected to get a rebuilt title for it on saturday. the inspection officer, who is a lieutenant, used to be the liason officer at the high school i went to, and i know him pretty well. we were talkin about bikes, and then an officer on duty who was probably mid to late 20's came into the station. he started talkin to us about bikes too, and the lieutenant was like "yeah this guy will be lookin for a new bike, after crashing his" and then the young cop guy said "yeah i had a gsxr600 and then 2 gsxr 1000's, but i crashed one of the 1000's". then the lieutenant said "yeah, guess how he crashed it, doin wheelies out here in the parking lot!". and then we all laughed about it, lol, so i guess some cops are just like us, although ive never crashed doing a wheelie in a cop station parking lot i guess.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode