Question - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Question

SO I lurk alot, and I love the site, I lurk on ALOT of sites, some die a slow death...

I think you guys strike a greatbalance between on and off bike topics..

Q1
Do you guys own this site ? or is it "Provided " thru SBW

Q2
Just so Im not missing anything, there is only 1 message board right ?

Q3
How many registered members are on this site now

Thanks RAWK ON !
www.TSBR.us
www.ToledoSportbikeRiders.com

Last edited by Sonny_TMCF; 05-04-2006 at 06:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 04:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Re: Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny_TSBR
SO I lurk alot, and I love the site, I lurk on ALOT of sites, some die a slow death...

I think you guys strike a greatbalance between on and off bike topics..

Q1
Do you guys own this site ? or is it "Provided " thru SBW

Q2
Just so Im not missing anything, there is only 1 message board right ?

Q3
How many registered members are on this site now

Thanks RAWK ON !
www.TSBR.us
www.ToledoSportbikeRiders.com
Thanks for the props!! As far as your questions, here are the answers...

This site is provided to us as part of the SBW community.

Yes, Redline Superbike only has one message board...and you're on it. LOL

Registered users on SBW, shit, I think it is like 25,000 or something. Once a user registeres with SBW, they are not commited to one message board within the community. They can surf the entire SBW site. Which is why we get people from all over posting up on this board, which I think it is great! We have met people from all over the country when we do our rides and trips, because they are on this board.

Lemme know if this answers your questions.

Later!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 04:30 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
The total site membership is just over 40,000 right now.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 05:17 AM

We thought about doing our own messageboard. Actually, we might do it still and use it for member information (ie. financial reports or orderforms for member only deals that we have to do on email right now) but there hasn't been a big enough NEED for us to do it to make it a priority right now. And it would be for members only so it wouldn't really apply to the scope of what your asking.

The weird part is that A LOT of people lurk and/or post that decide to remain invisible on the list of people viewing. I've seen as high as 28 people viewing the board at the same time. Would be cool to see just how many other guests and invisible SBW lurkers are on here as well.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Yea its kewl to log IP addy's on our site..

We were on the news last year and I just cant get over how many people do lurk..
Im sure your like me and when you meet someone new you feel them out to see how addicted they are to reading all this stuff...

We average about 5000 hits a day, and were almost at 400 registered members on our site...

From such a little start ya know ..

We own everything now and in the past got burned by providers so Owning was the way to go as to not loose info on peeps..

Q
How long have you guys been at it..

In two weeks we celebrate the beginning of our 5th summer..

With our local dealer paying for a hog roast for all of us...

PS our site does LOG lurkers, as well as registered members..
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 10:25 AM

Quote:

We average about 5000 hits a day, and were almost at 400 registered members on our site...

From such a little start ya know ..

We own everything now and in the past got burned by providers so Owning was the way to go as to not loose info on peeps..

Q
How long have you guys been at it..

5000 unique IP's a day? That's huge bro. Congrats!

SBW has always been good to us and is as reliable as we could ask for so no complaints here! But as Doc said, the real beauty is how people from all over the country end up stumbling across our threads...adds a unique feel I think. We've been "burned" before but only from an internal conflict. We've been around since 2002 but had a meltdown and leadership process change a few years ago. There is no fault or blame, everyone goes through some growing pains and we are no exception to the rule. The 2 recent pushes for the club logistically are for adding value to our membership and for preporation for projected growth. I have NO doubt you guys have seen the "double every year" interest level trend as well.

We should all get together sometime too.

BBQ at the park or a group ride or somethin.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

No, I mean 5000 CLICKS a day..

Around 100 Visitors a day

We will ride to Belle Isle this summer..

Come on down Saturday May 13th for a Hog Roast, Party..

Start time 5pm..
( Lots going on earlier, but to lenghty to explain hahahaha )

PSS Your aware of " the redliners " in Bay city area ?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 10:53 AM

Quote:
PSS Your aware of " the redliners " in Bay city area ?
Quite aware yes. Someone posted up a while back about this club that started up who looked so similar to ours that people were getting us confused. There was a little drama...confusion was straightened out...and now, although I of course wish they used a diff name for confusions sake, it's all good. They invite us to stuff and now I'm posting up inviting them to stuff now and so hopefully it'll all work out. Seem like some nice guys.

We really should have a jumbo BBQ at the end of the season with everyone there...would be great. Get a few sponsors for it and do it up right.

Ray C's Open House is on our calendar for the same day as your hog roast and we just picked them up as a sponsor, so I won't remove that but I can certainly add your roast to the calendar on the same day so people know what's up. Word?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Year end Bonfire might be a good fit, or our poker run..

BonFire is held in Michigan, on Saturday Sept 16th

This one is AWESOME as we rent a doods property out, there's a lake , free camping, Food, Prizes..

This is also one of our few " Party " type events..

I also agree with you that providing VALUE for the membership is paramount..

When we landed our local dealer's discount at 20 percent over cost it was a HUGE day for TSBR.. Giving people yet another reason to come around , and to be active...

Thats JEDS BUX deal that I talked to you about has changed our funding also, giving us a budget of 3000 or so a year, all for free..

Business LOVE the eye candy !

Poker run = August 27th ( Sunday )
we sell these kick arse ID's also to seperate ourselves from the crowd a bit, and to raise money for the club.. It provides discount all over town
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yammi.jpg (18.7 KB, 47 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode