Friend needs a bike... any bike - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 960
Friend needs a bike... any bike

Ok, buddy rides a '82 V45 Sabre and the trans went bad. Not really worth it to fix it, unless he can find a antoher trans real cheap.

Does anyone have a spare bike to get rid of.... like under $1000. Of any kind. He just wants to ride this summer, and some other bad luck has him real low on cash. ie blown motor in the wife's car.

Anyone help out?

Ken
four_by_ken is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 05:24 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,691
I know someone who is selling a clean CBR600..I think it's a 89...1500 bucks or around that. But that's all I got.
Bluto is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 960
Quote:
Originally posted by Bluto
I know someone who is selling a clean CBR600..I think it's a 89...1500 bucks or around that. But that's all I got.
Can you get me contact info? That sounds pretty good as far as price goes.

Being mechanically sound is more important that looks FOR SURE.

Thanks
Ken
four_by_ken is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 05:31 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 137
Re: Friend needs a bike... any bike

Quote:
Originally posted by four_by_ken
Ok, buddy rides a '82 V45 Sabre and the trans went bad. Not really worth it to fix it, unless he can find a antoher trans real cheap.

Does anyone have a spare bike to get rid of.... like under $1000. Of any kind. He just wants to ride this summer, and some other bad luck has him real low on cash. ie blown motor in the wife's car.

Anyone help out?

Ken
you have 2 bikes, loan him one of yours for the summer.
Skuff is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 960
Re: Re: Friend needs a bike... any bike

Quote:
Originally posted by Skuff
you have 2 bikes, loan him one of yours for the summer.
My project bike? Thats getting completely tore apart in about a month or so.

Plus, it needs a little work before its road worthy again.
four_by_ken is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome