good price? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

good price?

is this a good price for a
2000 kawasaki zx7 black & silver, 20,656, d&d slip on exhaust, new chain & sprockets, new rear tire, runs and looks good, 2 helmets and 2 jackets.
asking price is 3300 obo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 07:06 PM

if it rides good, its decent. i personally wouldnt pay more than about 2500 for it, but its prob worth 3g. offer them 3g and see what they say, if they say yes then go for it. dont be afraid of the miles, as long as the person seems somewhat responsible, like he wouldnt rag on a bike. just check everything over carefully, check for leakage from the forks, check for anything you might have missed. ask a lot of questions, anything you can think of. but yeah, 3g would be good, especially this time of year. he could prob honestly sell it for quite a bit more to a more naive and uneducated (in motorcycles) person.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 07:36 PM

Check NADA or KBB to see the value for that model year. You can deduct any abnormalities from that price. I wouldn't rely on a message board for direction on a good or bad price. It's all subjective.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 06:50 AM

i disagree, not just to disagree with you. i think messageboards are an excellent place to get a price idea, especially local messageboards. a lot of us have bought and sold many bikes *cough* and so yes none of us can see or ride the bike, but a lot of us know what it should be worth. kbb and nada values are often not very accurate. i always check them just to compare, but most of the time you really can't rely on them. street price is a lot different than retail price, and often still varies from kbb and nada's "private party" values. a bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay, nothing more. like i said, i would only pay 2500 tops personally for it, no matter what condition its in, just cause i know how much it is worth to me and i know what other bikes i can find and for how much. but for you, 3g might be your price range, and that might be the best bike you can find at this time of year for anything near that. because like i said, he could slap that bike up on ebay and probably get 4g for it easily. advice from local people is probably the best price advice you will get, because what you may find is that nada and kbb values are wack and similar bikes on ebay are going for way more. what i mean when i say its worth 3g to you maybe is that if it is in good rideable condition with very minimal visual defects. if all it needs is an oil change every few thousand and looks good, then yeah i personally would say go for it. if he says "well this is wrong, and that needs replaced, blah blah blah" then id be weary and look into it more. but again like i said, be careful, ask a lot of questions about it and be specific. if it looks like a good bike and everything, and you are willing to pay 3g for it, then id say its a good deal.

thats about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode