Is Michigan Really on an Upswing? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 03:38 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Is Michigan Really on an Upswing?

Personally, I don't think we have hit bottom yet.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/200...selfoutofslump

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 05:12 AM

I think you're right. Hey...hey Michigan...
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 06:09 AM
jackdrinker

I was listening to radio show a few weeks back..
They had financial people and mortgage brokers calling in..
The economy is recovering, just not here.. Down south, things are booming and people in Michigan are heading west and south..
The current market trend is::.. People are walking away from their $300,000 mortgages.. They buy the same house in Georgia for half money, find work and let the bank forclose on the Michigan address, taking the credit hit for a few years..
They make the same money or just a small amount less, but the COS is 25% lower, so it equals out..
You should look at the weekly forclosers(sp) published for Macomb and Oakland counties...
Me, I'm leaving... Tired of this place.. everything about it sucks and it rubs of on the people...
Greenville SC, here I come...!!

Ok, thats my intelligent post for the day.. Back to the slander and shit talkin...

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jackdrinker
Ok, thats my intelligent post for the day.. Back to the slander and shit talkin...
Whew! I was actually starting to worry for a second...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jackdrinker

Me, I'm leaving... Tired of this place.. everything about it sucks and it rubs of on the people...
Greenville SC, here I come...!!

I'm right behind you as soon as something comes around job wise. Greenville is a good choice too.

As for the other, with all that said I'd think you'd be good for a week atleast.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 06:37 AM
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Forclosures are at a record high in Michigan. It is a sad state of affairs. You see so many people buy their luxury homes on overtime and second incomes. As a result of the automotive industry taking a shit, those people are losing their OT and second incomes. Resulting in foreclosures.

The Southern states you cannot find enough labor to get jobs done. There is a six month wait for new construction which includes carpentry, masonry, plumbing, and all the trades. They can't find enough labor. Here there is a labor shortage and the work is shit.

There seems to be a mass exodus from Michigan to other states. Other industrial cities are feeling it too...Toledo, Cleveland, Chicago, and some of the rust belt cities. And yet there are a surplus of vehicles sitting in vacant parking lots like Hazel Park Racetrack, Metro Airport, and Michigan State Fair Grounds. Hundreds of new vehicles off of the line...why is production up and sales down. Shouldn't they slow production to match the sales. Ugh! I'm so frustrated with this economy now...just pisses me off. Now the UAW and Delphi broke their negotiations...the shitstorm hasn't even started. Ford is offering buy outs and is talking lay offs. The economic impact of the automotive industry is critical to Michigan. What is this state going to do? According to Crain's Detroit a few weeks ago, Michigan is the ONLY state int he union that did not post a positive economic outlook.

If you are looking for a good property or second home, now is the time to take advantage of the economy. I bet you can get some nice real estate for cheap. Or you can just leave, head to Virginia and get a 2500 sqaure foot house less than 10 years old for $159,000, like my brother did. Pfft...Michigan.

Unfortunately, I am rooted here. So I'm stuck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 07:05 AM

I dont see it getting any better.

It sucks.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DocThee
And yet there are a surplus of vehicles sitting in vacant parking lots like Hazel Park Racetrack, Metro Airport, and Michigan State Fair Grounds. Hundreds of new vehicles off of the line...why is production up and sales down. Shouldn't they slow production to match the sales. Ugh!
A friend of mine is an area manager at a Chrysler plant. He says they have HUNDREDS of vehicles sitting in the lots. Another company that is broke but doesn't know it yet.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 06:50 AM

From what I have heard on radio on other sorces the west side of the state is starting to show growth, its just that big area that revolves around the auto industry thats sucking wind.

For the record I live on the west side of Michigan but do most of my working the auto industry over in the east side of Michigan.

I think the problem is rooted in the center of Michigan in that large white building in lansing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode