Ray C's bike work - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Ray C's bike work

So I'm getting ready to bring my bike to Ray C's for some service work. I'd like to put a list together of other members who are interested in giving them a first run with me. So anyone who is interested in..

- Dyno Tuning
- Engine work
- Chassis work

Let me know.

For my bike at least, I'm starting with a valve clearance job and compression check. Also, in case there are members that don't know, we're setting up another sponsorship with them for bike work and especially for engine tuning as they are certified to do powercommander work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 11:58 AM

I might be int - how much for the valve job?

where are they at again?
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 12:23 PM
jackdrinker

they are in BFE.....

Just so every one knows... I am also certified in annoying the shit out of Chuck!!!

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 01:03 PM

I'd definetly be interested in some dyno tuning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

They told me to follow my dreams...Too bad they were all NiGhTmArEs!

AIM - poorboy721
Yahoo - e_donahue2001
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 01:22 PM

theyre in lapeer. ive had good experience with them, just to pitch in. i bought a couple year old used dirtbike from them, and like 2 days after i was riding it and it suddenly lost all compression. at the shop it had started up first kick. i took it to them and it had a chunk knocked out of the cylinder. yeah so it needed all new cylinder, head, piston, blah blah blah, and i had NO warranty whatsoever on the bike, but they still covered more than half of the work and only charged cost for parts, so i ended up paying like 350 bucks of the $900 bill.

they also just let me use a demo but brand new sv650 for my road test (which was next door). they knew i wasnt going to buy a new bike, but they didnt care they still just let me take it to ride to the test and take the test.

also the salesmen are real cool, not dicks like some of the other ones. ive been to...other stores in the area...where salesmen judge people as soon as they walk in and wont give you the time of day. at ray c's, if you wanna talk to ray jr and ask him specific questions, no prob he comes right out and talks to you. if you are just browsing, ask any question and they will help.

i hate dealers, but if i had to go to one for service or anything, id go to ray c's.

sorry this is so long, im bored at work and im sick as shit wish i wasnt here.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 01:34 PM

they did all the dyno work on my warrior...great place and you can watch your bike get tuned...by appt. so you can get in and out in 3 hours...great setup...good prices too
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 01:58 PM

They are a OK shop but way the hell out there.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 02:41 PM

I was in there over the weekend and bought a jacket for the GF. Have been in there a few other times and get a good feeling about the place. It seems they will let you demo just about anything if you are interested. I do most of the work on my bike but if I do need to go to a dealer, I think they would be on my short list.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 03:08 PM
jackdrinker

Quote:
Originally posted by GPZRider
I was in there over the weekend and bought a jacket for the GF. Have been in there a few other times and get a good feeling about the place. It seems they will let you demo just about anything if you are interested. I do most of the work on my bike but if I do need to go to a dealer, I think they would be on my short list.

Demo?.... Gary, are you thinking about getting another couch?
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sonicsbomb
They are a OK shop but way the hell out there.
Lapeer is not that far???
45 minutes maybe??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode