Question from seattle - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Question from seattle

not sure how many of you have seen this thread but i wanted to see what info you guys have about it. not sure how successful redline has been but i was told there have been a few bumps youve had to get over and things are good now...any info is good...thanks

heres the thread...
http://sbw.sportbikes.com/showthread...threadid=57916
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 06:04 AM

in my opinion, belonging to a club that is trying to make a respecable name for itself, and be a legitimate and recognised organization is what I like. Otherwise it just seems like gang mentality, at least to the general public...kinda like biker boys.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 08:13 AM

You have to be organized. You have to have a few key people that are willing to put in the extra effort it takes for all the details. Without organization, your club has no substance. Why would someone want to be in a club that doesn’t give anything back? You have to diffuse the egos and try to have people who put the club first, not themselves or some agenda. Your going to attract to your club whatever it is you project. If you project gangsta, stunna el cool e o's---> you'll get that kind of rider. If you project organized, respectful safe riders--. you'll attract more of the same.

Its been a long haul but Redline is doing well. We're respected and constantly get more people that want to be a part of it.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

right on...i thought you guys were gonna leave me hangin...HA! well a local shop is looking at sponsoring us so thats a good step i guess. we are having a ride today with me and some of the other key players to figure out how we want to do it. i think its just going to be me and a select few others that are going to have to take the majority of the workload planning, organization and promotion wise. we are gonna focus more on fun and riding rather than long grueling rides in the name of being hardcore sport riders. that shit isnt fun to me. i think we are gonna plan something fun to kick off the year. maybe an underwear ride through town or something.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 12:03 PM

There is one big key about organized clubs...make sure you orgainize on a MEMBERSHIP basis and not a..."directorship" basis if you will. My rules, my club, if you don't like it you can leave...doesn't work. It's my club so eff you and your stupid other club...doesn't work. We are a club and you guys who aren't don't know shit...doesn't work either. It's not for everyone, but for the people who get it, it's well worth the time. Everyone votes on things, decide as a group and do it...and you'll have all the success in the world. The people in the club have to understand how this works too. Everyone votes to say have a bbq at a park and one member doesn't like it. (as an example) that person needs to be able to voice his or her opinion...but even more importantly to back up what is voted on. If you have 40 kindred minds backing each other...there are no limits to what you can accomplish. Sorry I know that sounds like a commercial. I see these threads and more and more are like...no way I'm riding in big groups. The factor that makes it bad is the lack of organization. It doesn't take much. Sometimes 5 minutes of planning and a 30 second group talk before you head out will save you hours of misfortune.

As far as growing pains we've had a few. We probably still have a few to get through in the future that we haven't seen yet. But take things with a level head, a grain of salt and arm yourself with the other person's perspective before you open your mouth and things will work out. ha. Hope that helps bud.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode