Rec Leisure going down hill? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Rec Leisure going down hill?

Went to Recreation Leisure last Thursday for their Eggtravaganze sale. What a load of crap. Nothing seemed to be really on sale. And it looks like they havent stocked up for the riding season yet... what the hell ate they waiting for.

And it also looks like the massive amount of items in stock they used to keep is catching up with them. They no longer have the Harley room, and the rest of the stuff is veyr sparce compared to previous years. They carry Joe Rocket, and thats about it now.

I am very disappointed, I used to go there to try on stuff, and after shipping is included, they were usually on par with mail order, but no guessing of sizes.

Their excuse was that Brighton Superbikes has taken over a lot of their storage area, so they have to use the Harley area for their storage.

Looks like Brighton Suiperbikes is bringing in more money now days. And that they didnt sell enough stuff to be able to keep their stock as high as before.

What a bummer.

Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 09:02 AM

+1 they just don't seem like the same place anymore.

AND they have very little stock for my little guys

AND Linda (she was mostly MX stuff) isn't there anymore (but she is working at Anderson's though)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 09:19 AM
jackdrinker

Hmmmmm,
I think Judge and I said this many times..... They offer no "deals"
It's MSRP....

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jackdrinker
Hmmmmm,
I think Judge and I said this many times..... They offer no "deals"
It's MSRP....

They do not listen. When Redline first started and I got us hooked up with rec leisure they were a small business and still cared about their customer. When they moved into their new building their attitude slowly changed. My personal discount (I have been shopping them for YEARS) slowly went down until it was with everyone elses price. After seeing what I saw as far as price goes...I will gladly pay shipping on anything. They may have been convient at one time but it seems as though they just do not care
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Judge
They do not listen.
This is the first I have heard about people complaining.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by four_by_ken
This is the first I have heard about people complaining.

Dude...do a search on Rec Leisure.....I have complaine multiple times...as have a few others....Jackdrinker included
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Judge
Dude...do a search on Rec Leisure.....I have complaine multiple times...as have a few others....Jackdrinker included
Thats ok... I'll believe you. I was just surprised as to how let down I was last week. Enough so.. .that I am not sure I will go back.

Maybe go on their spring opener big tent day... but thats the last chance for me.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 08:37 AM

Im glad I just read this.. I used to go there because I thoguht they had the best selection, but maybe I wont make the trek out there...

Any tips on a good place to check out Arai helmets?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

They said they were getting more soon. But, hell, its riding season now! People are buying now.

They still had the same amount of helmets as before, but less of everything else.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by FurryChoCha
Im glad I just read this.. I used to go there because I thoguht they had the best selection, but maybe I wont make the trek out there...

Any tips on a good place to check out Arai helmets?
Did Michigan pass that law requiring midgets to wear helmets while driving? I thought you sold your bike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode