Road AMerica June 2/3/4? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

Road AMerica June 2/3/4?

Is anyone else out there heading to Road America for the AMA races in June? I do it every year with my brother and buddies and so far it looks like we'll have about 7 of us going...it's a fun time and the track is awesome! Just curious to see if we'll see any Redliner's out there....

Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 02:01 PM

I would love to do Road America since we'll be missing the Mid-Ohio trip. Have any details yet?

Jen
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 04:31 PM

Talking Road America info.

Jen, Here's the info I received from Road America...Date: June 1-4
Tickets: Advance superticket-$70, (deadline 5\26.) Actually, It would be easier and faster for you to get the info by going to...
www.roadamerica.com than by me typing it all out.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 04:34 PM

APPS, Do you camp while you're there? I used to camp acrosss the road at the farm. But last year they were'nt renting out spots. I was thinking of trying the campsites right on the grounds of RA this year.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by cbrdon
APPS, Do you camp while you're there? I used to camp acrosss the road at the farm. But last year they were'nt renting out spots. I was thinking of trying the campsites right on the grounds of RA this year.
Don,

We've been renting a Condo at Victorian Village (www.vicvill.com) and it's pretty cool. It's like 405 a night and when you stuff 7-10 guys in there it gets real reasonable. The place is right across the strees from Siebkens too so you can hang out there as much as you want and just stumble home....

I heard the land owner for the camp ground across the street got fed up with some of the BS that was happening there so he decided not to open it up for the bike weekend. The campgrounds in the track are suppossed to be ok but I've never stayed there. I think they have an adult campground, if I recall properly, for those who like to partake in strong drink

I'd highly recommend the Super Ticket and the Salute to Cycles Parade (15 in advance, 25 day of?). I've seen triple digits on this "parade" and you actually get to hang out there for a while, unlike Mid Ohio's parade lap....A 4 mile race course is just so freakin awesome....I'd love to see the GP bikes there some day.....

Justin

Last edited by Apps; 04-18-2006 at 06:06 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 06:58 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to usmeiners
Route?

Hey Justin,

Do you take the North route or the South route?

Have you ever taken the ferry from Ludington?

Thanks,
Steve

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

If its a penny for your thoughts and you are putting in your two cents, hey someone's making a penny.

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 03:51 PM

about the route...... it's Justin ----------> always takes the ferry!

given the choice between mid-o and road am --- I would almost always pick road america. the track is awesome fast to watch, and I have heard/seen about the "parade laps". Not to mention ...mmmmmmmmmmmm wisconsin brats
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by old school
about the route...... it's Justin ----------> always takes the ferry!

given the choice between mid-o and road am --- I would almost always pick road america. the track is awesome fast to watch, and I have heard/seen about the "parade laps". Not to mention ...mmmmmmmmmmmm wisconsin brats
Just like you to always think with your stomach! The food at Road America is always voted pretty high amond riders/crews as some of the best track food in the country...can you say "Give me the big gear? (Burger patty and brat patty with cheese....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm )

Quote:
Hey Justin,

Do you take the North route or the South route?

Have you ever taken the ferry from Ludington?

Thanks,
Steve
We always take the ferry over. LAst year we took the old ferry over on Friday AM and brought the new one back Monday mid day. The old ferry (www.ssbadger.com) is HUGE and a very cool experience (steam/coal powered, 400ft long ex rail car ferry with a nice breakfast buffet). The new boat (www.lakeexpress.com) is very fast and gets you back in MI a few hours earlier making the trip back to the metro area all in the sun. We leave the metro area on Thursday night and stay over in Ludington, then catch the ferry in the morning. It's a four hour crossing but there's stuff to do on the boat and hanging with your buddies is a blast as well...It sure beats riding in traffic....

Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode