ZX 14 kawi - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

ZX 14 kawi

The new ZX 14 was tested. It ran 8.48 @ 178mph in the quarter with exhaust and lowering link. They made 86 some passes and the clutch never burned out unlike the their 12r, they can only do like three and it needs a new clutch. I would love to see what Suz. awnser back to this bike will be. The busa has been dethrowned (at least for a little while.)

Better to die standing up than to live on your knees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 05:56 AM

178 MPH at the end of the 1/4 mile, with just an exhaust change. NFW dude. PASS some of the sh^t your smoking because your dreaming.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 06:02 AM

Pretty impressive. How long do the stock busa clutches last?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 06:38 AM

9.17 @ 153 mph bone stock

Video

1/4- mile 9.783 @ 147.04 mph
(sourced at MotorcycleUSA.com)
Link

I sure am curious to see your "source" for the 8.48 run. a .6 - 1.2 second drop simply with an exhaust and a LL?
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 07:36 AM

ZX-14 times

The 8.48 time was with Ricky Gadsen on board, arguably the best drag-racer on the planet right now. The time was acheived at an AMA sanctioned race within the Super Street class. The bike was running nitrous.

The 9.17 time was run with another professional drag racer on board, Ryan Schnitz. However, the bike was indeed mostly stock, having only been piped, lowered, and geared. Pretty impressive.

Personally, I think the 9.46 corrected time is the most impressive, as this was an actual bone-stock ZX-14 piloted by a magazine staffer.

I think it is safe to say that the ZX-14 is the new king of the dragstrip. (in stock form) But it doesn't really beat the Busa by a whole lot, only a couple of tenths. A lot of it is still gonna be up to the rider. An ok rider on a ZX-14 could still easily be beaten by a good rider on a Busa. (or ZX-10, GSXR 1000, R1, etc. for that matter.)
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 09:55 AM

Re: ZX-14 times

Quote:
Originally posted by zxrider
The 8.48 time was with Ricky Gadsen on board, arguably the best drag-racer on the planet right now. The time was acheived at an AMA sanctioned race within the Super Street class. The bike was running nitrous.

mm yeah, that sounds more like it. A bit of a difference between "piped and lowered" and Nitrous.

I dont care how much faster they are than the busa... they are still fugly.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 10:27 AM

Re: Re: ZX-14 times

Quote:
Originally posted by ZX6R1033
I dont care how much faster they are than the busa... they are still fugly.
So what do we call this one, dumptruck?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 11:20 AM

Personally, they remind me of the sentinels in matrix.. only uglier

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
Personally, they remind me of the sentinels in matrix.. only uglier

+100. That was the only thing I could think of the first time I saw a pic of the damn thing. Ken is the 8th one I have heard say that exact same thing, too.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Re: ZX-14 times

It never stated nitrous in the magazine artical it just said it was run on race gas.

Quote:
Originally posted by zxrider

The 9.17 time was run with another professional drag racer on board, Ryan Schnitz. However, the bike was indeed mostly stock, having only been piped, lowered, and geared. Pretty impressive.

Personally, I think the 9.46 corrected time is the most impressive, as this was an actual bone-stock ZX-14 piloted by a magazine staffer.

I think it is safe to say that the ZX-14 is the new king of the dragstrip. (in stock form) But it doesn't really beat the Busa by a whole lot, only a couple of tenths. A lot of it is still gonna be up to the rider. An ok rider on a ZX-14 could still easily be beaten by a good rider on a Busa. (or ZX-10, GSXR 1000, R1, etc. for that matter.)

Better to die standing up than to live on your knees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode