MSF and licensing - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 05:36 AM Thread Starter

MSF and licensing

My wife and I are scheduled to take the MSF course on 4/30, so that we can finally get her endorsement. I know the class will cover the riding portion of the State's requirements, but will she still have to take the written test at the SOS to get her endorsement?

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 05:48 AM

yes, riding test is waived though.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 05:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Re: MSF and licensing

Quote:
Originally posted by 919rider
but will she still have to take the written test at the SOS to get her endorsement?

Kevin

Once you pass the road test through MSF, all you need is to take the certificate they give you into SOS, then take the written test. If I remember correctly the written test is 10 questions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 06:02 AM

Wow...when I took it they gave the written test there as well. All I did is bring the cert from the school and take a picture.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 06:53 AM

And the written test portion is not a pass fail thing, you can sit there all day and take if need be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

They told me to follow my dreams...Too bad they were all NiGhTmArEs!

AIM - poorboy721
Yahoo - e_donahue2001
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 07:37 AM

The secretary of state written test will need to be taken but it's only the test given for a learners permit (20 questions, Multiple Choice if I remember properly). If she already has her learners permit than it would be just simply going to SOS and showing the completion card so they can update your license.

Justin
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 10:44 AM

yes 20 questions, multiple choice, and you have to get 16 right i think? but you can take it over and over and over, they just give you a test with different questions if you fail the first one, i know cause i did! one of the questions was like "how far, in feet, behind a car do you flash your brights to pass? a)100 b)200 c)300 d)400" come on, unless you scrutinize that pamphlet how are you gonna know that, and its not like you're gonna measure the distance you are behind a car when you go to pass him, plus your normally going about 50mph faster than a car you are passing therefore would have no time to calculate it! lol
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neller0414
yes 20 questions, multiple choice, and you have to get 16 right i think? but you can take it over and over and over, they just give you a test with different questions if you fail the first one, i know cause i did! one of the questions was like "how far, in feet, behind a car do you flash your brights to pass? a)100 b)200 c)300 d)400" come on, unless you scrutinize that pamphlet how are you gonna know that, and its not like you're gonna measure the distance you are behind a car when you go to pass him, plus your normally going about 50mph faster than a car you are passing therefore would have no time to calculate it! lol
Yeah you gotta watch the silly question on that test, I remember one of the ones I got wrong was at what speed are you required to wear a helmet? a) always b) 35 c) 40 d)45 I said a) always and got it wrong, apparently it's 35.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

They told me to follow my dreams...Too bad they were all NiGhTmArEs!

AIM - poorboy721
Yahoo - e_donahue2001
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 12:07 PM

April 30 is Sunday ..... so my question for you is, what class are you in ------- is it "PB" or "ERC" -----

TAKING THE ERC DOES NOT "GET YOUR ENDORSEMENT!!!!!

Assuming that you are registered for the "PB", go to the Sec of State and get your/her temp. before the class. After you pass the class, you just take the completion card to the Sec of State --- show them the card and your temp., pay and take a new pic.

Later,
Scott

**** you must have your endorsement to take the ERC ****
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 06:25 PM

I just got my endorsment about 3 weeks ago so pretty much what everyone else said is right. 20 question question multiple choice test and it's the same test for the TIP before course or endorsment after and you need to get at least 16 correct. The question that had me going the most was, Your riding along a line of park cars. What do you have to be most conserd about? A) someone opening a door. B) someone pulling out in front of you. C) someone stepping out from between the cars.

I was thinking D) all the above. But that wasn't a choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode