Just a reminder!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Just a reminder!!!!

Now that the weather is nice out and everyone is out riding I just wanted to remind everyone to be extra vigilant. We have had a lot of calls for motorcycle vs. car accidents since Saturday. All the drivers stated that they didn't see the motorcycle so be careful you guys and gals, I don't want to show up on the scene and have it be someone I know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 07:55 PM

I've noticed a TON of people driving like idiots....especially around 15 and Orchard Lake. I was at a stop light going straight and this girl is coming east and she's in the left had turn lane. My light turns green and I'm thinking....no way is she going to do it. She does...turns left right in front of me going about 40 and my light was green for a good couple seconds. If I hadn't waited she would have T-boned me. People just aren't aware. Be safe everyone!

Jen
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 08:27 PM

very true, my first 2 rides this year were pretty bad, people have a habit of wanting to merge into my leg. Good thing for SIPDE.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by flip f4i pilot
very true, my first 2 rides this year were pretty bad, people have a habit of wanting to merge into my leg. Good thing for SIPDE.
I've had a few close calls as well. Thats why todays ride was a safe one, we had some fun up in the country, but on the highway, back from up there, I almost got merged into. From then on, I rode in 3rd gear. I got funny looks, but I prefer that to "oh..there's a bike there?"
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 12:48 AM
Yaz

just get D&D's and ride in 3rd gear... they will notice u..

its a good thing to have a loud bike i guess...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CBR RYDER
its a good thing to have a loud bike i guess...
LOL

Seriously, people have been extra retarted lately, a ton of people have not seen me even while I'm driving the monster truck Be safe out there kids.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 04:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Re: Just a reminder!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by yamagirl
Now that the weather is nice out and everyone is out riding I just wanted to remind everyone to be extra vigilant. We have had a lot of calls for motorcycle vs. car accidents since Saturday. All the drivers stated that they didn't see the motorcycle so be careful you guys and gals, I don't want to show up on the scene and have it be someone I know.
Word. Thanks for the heads up Jane!!

Not to mention we must look out for other drivers, we need to be careful of road conditions too. Lots of gravel out there still. Hopefully these rains will wash it away soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 07:49 AM

Yeah, I was almost ran off the Road yesterday at I-94 & 26 mile BY a MoM In a huge van not paying any attention. Needless to say i think her Child in the back seat learned what the BIRD is.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 10:49 AM

More and more lately when I get on the bike I avoid highways and city streets as much as possible.

But I have been seeing more and police on the back roads.

Man I wish trackdays were not so darn pricie these days. I remember going to the track for the day and paying well under $100. Them days are gone.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Rumor is is that a sportbike rider passed away at Hall Rd. and Garfield yesterday. Not sure on all the deatails of the crash not who it was. I'll post up if I hear anything more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode