bad day - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Judge
Nice one Jen...way to toss yourself under the bus. You drove by a biker pushing his bike alongside 696 and did nothing to help? Sorry, but that will come back to haunt you some day.

I don't know why I feel the need to explain this...but what was I supposed to do, have a 5, 4, and 3 year old help me push? I've stopped MANY times when I've been on my bike...once it was to help a fellow biker pick the contents of his wallet that scattered along I-75 at 2am. I doubt this will come back to 'haunt me' but thanks for the concern.

Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kawigirl_636
I don't know why I feel the need to explain this...but what was I supposed to do, have a 5, 4, and 3 year old help me push? I've stopped MANY times when I've been on my bike...once it was to help a fellow biker pick the contents of his wallet that scattered along I-75 at 2am. I doubt this will come back to 'haunt me' but thanks for the concern.
Jen
Atta girl - don't take any shit
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 05:53 AM
jackdrinker

Man, that sucks... Considering I have a truck and live just a few blocks away..

I'll PM you my cell....

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kawigirl_636

We should have some numbers handy for members (and friends) who are caught out in different places. If you're in Lake Orion, call this number...if you're in Warren, call this person...when you break down in Sterling Heights try this person....well anyway, just a thought. Keep a list under your back seat or something.

Jen
Hey Chuck!

I thought you had made something up like this a while back. Perhaps it needs to be updated annually? (not that I'm in the club, want you to spend yet more time on redline stuff, or want to have to cut a meal short because you got an emergency call on the bat phone, BUT since everyone is so accomadating and helpful for you...I guess I can't really mind. )
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 07:08 AM

Re: bad day

Quote:
Originally posted by bubba_d_duck
today just went form bad to worse. i forgot to fill my bike up with gass so of course i ran out on 696. then my wife came by with the gass can and my battery died trying to turn it over. needless to say i had to push my bike 2 and a half miles today to get it home. man i need to buy a truck.
Students always laugh when I tell them that pushing sux....and the bigger the bike, the more it sux....sorry about your luck....

Justin
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 07:18 AM

Did it ever occur that you may have been able to jump start your bike.
next time this happen which I am sure it wont not after that experience.

try putting the bike in first gear pulling the clitch in have someone push you and then pop the clutch. She will start right up after two or 3 tries if your lucky but it beats pushing

or if that fails you can always jump it from a car battery just don't keep those jumper cables on there to long both methods have been tried and tested sucessfully by me
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DeeDee
Hey Chuck!

I thought you had made something up like this a while back. Perhaps it needs to be updated annually? (not that I'm in the club, want you to spend yet more time on redline stuff, or want to have to cut a meal short because you got an emergency call on the bat phone, BUT since everyone is so accomadating and helpful for you...I guess I can't really mind. )
There is it is on the back of your redline superbike member ID card
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by marvlover
Did it ever occur that you may have been able to jump start your bike.
next time this happen which I am sure it wont not after that experience.

try putting the bike in first gear pulling the clitch in have someone push you and then pop the clutch. She will start right up after two or 3 tries if your lucky but it beats pushing

or if that fails you can always jump it from a car battery just don't keep those jumper cables on there to long both methods have been tried and tested sucessfully by me

+1
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 08:10 AM

Should have been able to switch to reserve before it even stoped running.

By the way when bump starting a bike gears higher than first are less likely to lock up the tire, don't go too high though or you'll have to be running to start it.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 10:01 AM

Re: bad day

Quote:
Originally posted by bubba_d_duck
today just went form bad to worse. i forgot to fill my bike up with gass so of course i ran out on 696. then my wife came by with the gass can and my battery died trying to turn it over. needless to say i had to push my bike 2 and a half miles today to get it home. man i need to buy a truck.
I`m to lazy to read both pages, but why didn`t you push start it????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode